chapter 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒

▎SAFE HAVEN  ▎
»»———— act four. painful goodbyes
CHAPTER THIRTY ━━ Oreo's

 painful goodbyesCHAPTER THIRTY ━━ Oreo's

The prison was at its best.

It had improved significantly from when their small group took over. They had better rooms, a school for the kids, hell, they even had their own little farm.

Josie felt safe at the prison. It was finally good. Josie had come accustomed to the new people, helping them out with anything in her spare time, like teach the kids.

Carl always refused to go, not really wanting to talk to the other kids, but Josie dragged him nevertheless, saying education is important, even in an apocalypse.

Rick had created a sanctuary for all people in need. And Josie knew it was the best thing that could have happened to them.

Josie had gotten to know the new people, especially a girl, younger than Tiffany, Jada. She was a funny girl, and made Josie laugh. The girl practically followed Josie around, when she wasn't annoying Tiffany. Josie could tell Jada slightly practically saw Josie as a mother figure.

"What's on today's agenda, Josie?" Jada walked side-by-side with Josie as the pair walked outside, walking towards Riley and Carol as she handed out some food.

"Well, I gotta teach the kids soon." Josie breathed out, smiling at Carol. "Are you coming?" Josie questioned as she adjusted the hat on her head. It was Glenn's old hat.

"Please, I am done with school." Jada scoffed, shaking her head as she thanked Riley and Carol for the food. "I'm eighteen, school is hell, I'd rather make friends with the walkers."

"You do that, maybe one of them won't bite you, if you're lucky." Josie chuckled, taking a piece of food from Jada's bowl. "Well, I gotta catch up with Glenn before he goes on the run." Josie squeezed her shoulder as the brunette nodded.

"Okey dokey." Jada grinned as Josie rolled her eyes, walking away from the brunette and into the prison, saying her 'hello's.'

She walked back outside, seeing Beth share a moment with her new boyfriend. Oh, Tiffany was completely heartbroken, but didn't show it.

"It's like a damn romance novel." Daryl grunted as she stood beside Josie, looking at the teenagers.

"Have you ever read a damn romance novel, Dixon?" Josie titled her head, closing an eye as the sun shined in her face. Josie and Daryl had made a friendship over their matching loss of their older brother's. Sharing a grief in silence.

Daryl turned to her, shaking his head as Josie breathed out a chuckle. "Nah, I haven't, Rhee..."

"Yeah, you haven't." Josie chuckled, shaking her head as Daryl rolled his eyes. "Maybe I can get you one when Michonne comes back—go on our normal runs." She teased as he nudged her. "What?" She chuckled once more.