Chapter thirty 𝗈𝗇𝖾

▎SAFE HAVEN  ▎
»»———— act four. painful goodbyes
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE ━━ photographs

The gentle breeze rustled through the tall trees, creating a soothing whisper

The gentle breeze rustled through the tall trees, creating a soothing whisper. In the distance, you could hear the melodic chirping of birds, their songs blending harmoniously with the soft lapping of water against the shore. It's a symphony of nature, filling the air with tranquility, betraying the norm of an apocalypse.

Both the Rhee's had spent the night in the lookout tower, Glenn waking up first as he watches his wife sleep, peacefully.

He smiled to himself—seeing Josie move every time she breathed in and out, but staying cuddled under the blanket.

He breathed out a soft chuckle, turning to his bag as he pulled out the camera he had gotten from the run.

Glenn looked back down at the peaceful Josie, bringing the camera to his eye as he took a photo as Josie, the camera click waking her up.

She let out a groan, hiding herself under the blanket as Glenn let out a chuckle, letting the photo print out as he leaned toward and pulled the blanket down.

"That is not a way to wake someone up, creep." Josie uttered, rubbing her eyes with her hands as she adjusted to the light. "You better not have taken a photo of me." Josie opened her eyes, letting out a yawn as Glenn stared at the photo.

"I did." Glenn breathed out, grin on his face as Josie rolled her eyes. "I'll bring you some breakfast up after perimeter check." Glenn said as he leaned closer towards her, pressing a kiss against her lips.

Josie quickly snatched the photo out of his hand, her tired eyes looking down at it as she immediately shook her head. "Oh, no." She muttered, breathing out as she sat up. "Throw that away, or burn it." Josie handed the photograph of herself back to Glenn as he stared at it.

"Yeah...not gonna happen." Glenn quickly said as he held the photo. "It's mine." He breathed out as he got up, Josie letting out a sigh as she opened the hatch.

"You see Michonne, tell her to get me some Oreo's." Josie bit back a grin ad Glenn started to climb down it, his hand on the door as Josie pressed a kiss against it. "Tell her to hurry back, too."