𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

▎SAFE HAVEN  ▎
»»———— act four. painful goodbyes
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE ━━ separated

Josie carved her knife into the rock she sat on, her back facing the four behind her

Josie carved her knife into the rock she sat on, her back facing the four behind her. She had barely spoken a word to either of the four.

She didn't know if her husband—her family were okay. So, Josie just stared at the ring on her finger. Thinking about Glenn.

But she also thought about Rick, Carl, Judith, Tiffany, Michonne, Daryl, Maggie, Beth...all of them. Her family. She needed to know if they were okay. Her brother, her niece and nephew. Her family...

Josie didn't look up as she heard two pairs of footsteps behind her. She knew it was Maggie and Sasha without even looking up. "How's Bob?" Josie dryly asked, her voice rough as she spoke from the lack of talking.

"Bleeding stopped." Sasha answered as she shared a look with Maggie. "He'll be alright." Sasha nodded her head as Josie let out a hum.

"Got the water to our backs." Maggie then spoke, a worried look on her face as she stared down at Josie. "Decent vantage points from the bank. We're thinking we camp here for the night."

"That's good." Josie uttered, placing her knife back in its holder before standing up and facing the two woman. "You four should be safe here." She nodded at them, and the men behind them. "The bus got out. Glenn and Jada got out." Josie moved her hair out of her face as Sasha and Maggie shared a look. "I'm gonna find them and try to find the rest."

"Josie." Sasha breathed out, turning back to the Rhee woman. "With any luck, the bus is gone." Sasha told her.

"It was headed east down the main road." Josie noted, remembering where they were supposed to go. "If I follow in that direction, I might be able to pick up their tracks like Daryl taught me." Josie told them.

"Alone?" Maggie added as Roman and Bob moved towards them. "With your sword and gun?"

"Yeah." Josie nodded her head, not seeing a problem with her weapons. "I'll find some ammo." She shrugged her shoulders. "I couldn't find Rick, Carl or Judith." Josie breathed in at the mention of her family. "I know Glenn and Jada got out and I know which way they went." She confidently said. They were the only people she knew she had left—who had managed to flee from the prison.  "I'm gonna go get them and I'm gonna come back for you."

Josie turned on her feet, grabbing her sword and gun until Maggie grabbed her arm. "Josie." She said in a warning tone.

"I'm going." Josie pulled her arm back, picking up her weapons as she walked towards the tree line.

"We cannot split up. Not now." Sasha shook her head as she stared at the three beside her. But Josie didn't listen as she walked away, not expecting the rest to follow her.

Josie walked in front of the four as she looked down at the road, looking for any tracks of the bus. She had to put use of the skills Daryl generously had taught her.