𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗐𝗈

▎SAFE HAVEN ▎ 
»»———— act four. painful goodbyes
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO ━━ close calls

Both Maggie and Tiffany had been giving updates about Glenn, talking through the door as Josie did her job

Both Maggie and Tiffany had been giving updates about Glenn, talking through the door as Josie did her job. Look after the children.

Lizzie had gotten sick and the rest were okay. Josie wanted to go see Glenn, but she couldn't. Even if every fibre inside her wanted to see her husband. She couldn't.

Josie rocked Judith in her arms, Beth and Riley sat beside her as they handed the food to the children. Both Greene's had been worrying about their father and sister, it was evident. But they shook it off, acting like they didn't care.

But they did.

More people were growing sick, and Josie didn't know who. And she was stressing out. She had waited for Maggie or Tiffany, but none of them had turned up. Josie knew Tiffany had gone on the run with Daryl and Michonne, to bring medicine back for the sick.

But Josie had her job.

She hadn't seen anyone. Rick, Carl, Glenn—everyone. The only thing keeping her sane were the children. They were full of life, trying to ignore the sickness. They were isolated. And Josie couldn't leave them on their own. That was the only thing that made her stay in isolation. To keep them safe, make sure they were okay.

But when she heard multiple gunshots coming from the sickness cell, she didn't think twice before passing Judith to Beth and getting her gun and sword.

"Josie!" Beth tried to stop her, but Josie didn't listen, running from the room and towards the hallways and towards the cell block where the infected were. She knew she was risking everything to see what the gunshots were about. She didn't care. Glenn was in that cellblock.

"Dad!" She heard Maggie yelling as she turned around the corner, trying to get in. "Dad! Open the door!" Maggie pleaded, banging her hand on the door.

"Is it locked?" Josie panted as Maggie turned to her with wide eyes, but nodded her head. "Shit, follow me!" Josie quickly said as she ran around the corner.

Josie led Maggie into the room where the glass window was, the other side being the room they needed to get into.

Josie shot at the glass, which instantly shattered, the glass shards falling to the floor. Josie was quick to move towards the now broken window, jumping over it as Maggie followed.

Josie ran into the room, her eyes wide as she looked down at the pools of blood, followed by dead bodies.

"Daddy!" Maggie called out as she looked up, seeing her father fighting against a walker in the netting.

"Glenn?" Josie then called, her breaths frantic as she looked around the cells, not seeing him. "Glenn!" She repeated, panic evident in her voice as it broke.