chapter 15

Chisami walked through the Arena with Yamaju. The place was filled with a lot of elevators. It was stained with a lot of blood and some of the architecture resembles roman ones. A bunch of skeletons dressed in gladiator clothing were walking around, and would charge upon seeing them. Some Bone Muskets also wander. Some traps are gigantic axes hanging from the ceiling that swing back and forth.  Golems would walk around, their footsteps shaking the very floor. Red Minotaurs do the same, carrying gigantic axes, and  Valkyries would fly around, wielding swords and getting ready to fight.

Chisami and Yamaju didn't talk to each other at all. They just fought monsters throughout the arena. They kept tearing through it until they reached a dead end which is a save room.

They saved their progress, Yamaju through the angelic statue there while Chisami, using that polygon which transforms into a coffin, allowing her to rest and restore her HP and MP and saving her progress just like how Yamaju did with the statue.

They took a short rest, Chisami's muffled mumbling and slight snoring can be heard from inside the coffin while Yamaju rested.

He looked at the coffin and knocked, deciding to ask something out of curiosity. "You awake?"

There was a bit of silence as the snoring and mumbling stopped. Chisami spoke up in a sleepy yet annoyed voice. "What the hell do you think? I wouldn't be speaking right now if I'm asleep." she said.

With that, she punched the coffin's lid open and stretched her arms. "Make it quick. I wanna sleep more, I'm tired as frick."

Yamaju stayed silent for a bit, before speaking. "How's... Sleeping in that coffin like?" he asked, with his usual low and silent voice, but with the tone of curiosity.

Chisami was surprised by this question. She just grinned slightly, and said, "Ehh, feels like sleeping normally. For a dhampir like me, when I sleep in coffins, I actually end up in some kind of dimension that resembles a spacious bedroom. Messy as heck it is, haha. Don't really know how this realm thing works, but I guess it depends of one's personality."

"I see then." Yamaju replied as he sat and cleaned his greatsword. Chisami looked at it, their faces being reflected from the reflection. "Where'd you get that sword by the way?" she asked.

"Long story." he said as he cleaned it. "It used to belong to my father. He was... Well, let's say I had my issues with him and things didn't go well.", Chisami noticed the grim look on Yamaju's face, this seems to be a sensitive topic. She decides not to pressure things to the point something might go wrong. Some things need to remain a mystery. "Uhhh... I see." she said as she glanced around the room. She wants to talk with him further, as if she wants to become friends... But despite her usual chaotic attitude... She does not know what to speak of next. Yamaju is experiencing the same problem.

After a bit of resting, they continued. Soon they reached the boss room of the arena and entered it... And when they did... They witnessed a bizarre sight. A gigantic zombified fish the size of an elephant hovered on the air... And there was no water.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING- EEK!!!" Chisami backed away in fear, she had Ichthyophobia.

It flew above them, turning its head to make its grosteque face look at them.