chapter 12

Yamaju sighed and glanced around. "I didn't know you guys were among the three vampire hunters Arikardo said would come here with him." he said as he leaned against a wall.

Modoru raised his hand in greeting and nodded his head slightly

Modoru raised his hand in greeting and nodded his head slightly. "Yeah, neither did us-"

His sentence was cut when Kasumi hugged Yamaju. His expression remained blank but he seemed to appreciate it as he patted her back.

Modoru just sighed and looked away.

Kasumi lets go of Yamaju and looked at him in worry. "Modoru? Are you okay?" she asked, concerned. Instead of replying he raised his hand and did a thumbs up.

"Are you sure?-"

"Yeah." Modoru interrupted, "i'm just a bit tired" he said, but Kasumi knew him for years.

He is definitely hiding something.... Kasumi stared at him worriedly. "Hey if you need to talk to me just talk to me, okay? I'm always here for you. You're one of my best friends."

She heard him mutter something, but she can barely make it out so she just decided 5o let it go. Modoru just faked a smile. "Thanks, Kasumi...."

The trio continued the journey. Yamaju's combat style is based on relying on his swordsmanship and brutality. He would lunge on enemies, and would rip put body parts (both external and internal).

The sight of them was quite gruesome for Kasumi but she can't help but admire his strength. Modoru just didn't react the whole time. Yes he has respect for Yamaju as an acquiantance but he seems to be jealous in a way.

The enemies they usually ran into are Flying Armors, Valhalla Knights and a bunch of vampires wielding weapons, both traditional ones like swords, axes, scythes, muskets, spears and modern ones like the kind of guns you'll see today, rocket launchers and grenades.

The ones using traditional weaponry wear medieval armor and the ones utilizing modern ones wore bulletproof vests or simply just casual clothes.

Oliver ran through the Cathedral of the Castle, panting as a bunch of Alastors chased after him and attempted to swing their blades at him, he ducked down to avoid the swings.

He immediately ignited his fists in flames and punched the Alastors away as he ran off. He immediately turned a corner and ran pass a bunch of portraits. Ones that depict Napoleon Bonaparte, US presidents like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, Charles VII of Sweden, oil paintings depicting events in Greek Myths.

Soon he reached a dead end, the Alastors began to close in. He was about to use an Item Crash. However, before he could they were obliterated by a red flash of light.

"Well, what a great day it is to meet a dear relative from the Belmonts, eh??" a voice of a cocky male young adult said.

The smoke cleared, revealing the person responsible for that.

Oliver looked at the young man as he approached and offered a hand

Oliver looked at the young man as he approached and offered a hand. "Gotori Belnades." he said, Gotori seems to be seeing just fine even with a blindfold.

"Uh..." Oliver said awkwardly. The blindfolded young man just chuckled. "Oh? This?",  he said pointing at his blindfold. "I can see well even with this just fine."

Modoru continued to traverse the castle with Kasumi and Yamaju.

Every time they stop by a save point to get a rest, Kasumi would lie down on Yamaju's shoulder. Which he always seem to not mind but still appreciate judging by his body language.

Kasumi noticed that when she does this, Modoru's face seems to sadden once he looks away, which is worrying her even more.

One thing Modoru likes about Kasumi aside from her sweetness and kindness is her resemblance to a girl he used to be friends with when he was at kinder. She was as kind as her and was always willing to help him out when he is having hard times.

Kasumi also remembered someone who acts like him, only difference is he is much more timid, yet also has the same level of intelligence.

They soon ran into Gergoth after reaching the first area of the catacombs.  Fighting it was pretty intense. Modoru pushed Kasumi away and always ended up being badly damaged by the clouds it releases from its open wounds.

Yamaju focused on trying to jump on it, Modoru focused on taking advantage of its slow movement due to its huge size while staying protective of Kasumi while Kasumi herself focused on trying to throw talismans inside its wounds to deal heavy damage to it.

After a while, they managed to defeat it with Yamaju slicing its head off as its flesh rotted away, its remains being sent flying everywhere as they all bursts into flames.

"Show-offs..." a female voice said. They all turned to look at the person. Judging by her red eyes and strange aura... She was clearly a vampire... But not fully however. Is this girl perhaps a dhampir? A half vampire and half human? "Call me Chisami. Chisami Hakucho. Just a dhampir here tryna' kill my dad, Olrox, he pisses the hell outta' me."