33 - Summer Rain

"Abbs, babe?" Nate whispers and pulls my back against his chest. The bedsheets swish under us.

"Is it morning yet?" I dig my face into the pillow. My eyes are glued shut, and feel moist. My breathing is shaky. Am I cold? I press my hips against Nate's crotch for warmth.

"Not yet. You were sobbing in your sleep," he says, tilting up my chin.

I turn my head and claim his lips. "Was I?" That explains my stuffy nose and damp pillow. His fingers are caressing my wet cheek. I grab his hand with a grunt and guide it down my neck. The smooth fabric of my red slip dress glides under our touch as we pass the valley between my breasts and travel further south. Nate's breath heats my shoulder. I push my back harder against his body when our hands reach between my legs.

Nate's breathing escalates, and so does mine. The bump against my hip is growing deliciously. I can't wait to feel it—deep, deep under my skin.

Nate dips his hand into my lingerie and sucks in a breath. His finger is sinking between my folds now, cutting them open. "Did you have a wet dream?" he whispers, running his fingers up and down. "Fuck, Abbs. What did you dream about?"

"I don't remember," I breathe out. But this feels like a dream. The way Nate moves, knowing what to do exactly when and how, is something I'll never comprehend.

He is leaving dry kisses on my neck while I moan with every flick of his finger. "You are close," he says.

"Uh-huh." My fingers clench around the corners of my pillow. My hips are moving to his rhythm, craving a harder friction. I want more.

"Fuck," Nate whispers and slips out of his boxers. Pinning me face down, he climbs onto my back and reaches for the nightstand.

"No. No condoms. I need to feel you." The pillow muffles my voice.

"You sure? You're not on birth control..."

"Uh-huh."

Nate freezes as he keeps me under him. His shaky breath is bouncing off the back of my neck, giving me goosebumps. Our legs are spread open. I raise my hips, desperately. Tears are falling from my eyes. I wipe them on my arm and hold onto the sheets.

"Take me," I beg with my soul.

My head shoots up when Nate's tip grazes my entrance. My heart throbs in my chest.

"Fuck, babe. What's gotten into you?" he whispers, dragging his tip down to my clit. Then he moves it up again. "You sure you want this?" His cock is ticking against my entrance. "I'm not going to stop once I'm—"

I push myself against him and moan when he sinks inside. Nate groans. Holding onto my shoulder, he pushes hard until I've taken all of him. Then he groans again.

Skin against skin. If my walls could sing, they would be chanting right now. I grab the sheets and push my face deeper into the pillow. Nate starts riding me, slow and hard, just the way I want. My chest is shaking. I'm sobbing again. I don't know why. It must sound like I'm moaning though, because Nate keeps his momentum, grunting louder with every thrust. The build-up is imminent. I raise my head and scream as I explode around him.

Nate's rhythm slows down as he grabs my hips to keep me still. I glance at him over my shoulder—his brows are criss-crossed in surprise. His eyes are fixed on where we become one. Sweat drops are trailing his neck—he wipes them on his forearm.

"Turn around. I want to see you," he says breathlessly, flipping me under him.

My back arches as he rises on his knees between my legs. I like the remains of a smile on the corners of his lips. Then he aligns himself, pushes in, and starts moving his hips in a fluid motion... Like waves rushing to the shore on a windy summer day... His eyes are moving all over my face as if he wants to break the skin and look into the depths of the dark universe within me.

Does he like what he finds in there?

A sweet smile takes over his face. He lowers his body on top of mine and gives my nose a nudge with his.

"You are...the...most...beautiful...thing... I've ever...seen," he breathes between his thrusts.

"I'm not. You are," I say, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Nate's smile covers my lips. Then he pushes himself back up to his knees and drags his gaze between my legs. His cock is covered in a sheer layer of my essence and glowing as it dips in and out of me. Nate grins and thrusts harder. I love the hungry look in his widened eyes... And the way he makes me feel... The way his skin tingles between my walls... The pain when he digs his fingers into my thighs... And the smell of his candy-floss sweat, as it drips from his hairline and outlines his oval features.

I'm a moaning mess, and the heat is building up in my core again. Nate snaps his greens into my blues. Grabbing my waist with one hand, he falls on top of me, then kicks my legs to open wider. Our hips are moving together now, and fast. Our eyes are locked. The fire inside me grows. It spreads to my chest, then flickers into my core again. I'm high, and I'm there, hovering above Nate's sky. And I know that Nate is here, flying next to me.

He moans and nods, looking into my soul. And just like that, I start falling. My nails dig into his back as I lose my breath. Nate is raining into me, and I'm burning as I fall into his universe. His hips are trembling. He is pulsing, and not just between my walls...everywhere. We are melting into each other, merging and solidifying—becoming a comet, shining as we skid across the sky. I fall back on the bed and push him away.

I can't breathe. This is too much.

Tears are streaming down my face as I turn my back at him. What is wrong with me? Am I imagining this connection, the stars and the skies again? Am I losing my mind?

"Was I too hard?" Nate touches my shoulder, trying to catch his breath. "Did I hurt you?"

I shake my head and wipe my wet cheeks. He smells heavenly.

"Abby," he whispers, turns me around, and pulls me under him. My back touches the bed as I try to drown my sobs. "Does this have anything to do with Roman's wedding? Because you don't have to go..."

"What?" I chuckle. "No."

"I'm serious. It's okay if you don't want to come. You don't have to prove anything..."

I lift my head off the mattress and catch his lips with mine. They are as plump and sweet as always and stink of our morning breath. I chuckle again as I lay back comfortably. I feel lighter as if the tears have cleansed me, just like a brief summer rain. My fingers run in Nate's messy hair.

"What time do we need to leave?" I ask.

He reaches for the nightstand, grabs his phone, and taps on the screen. "Noon."

I run my fingers on his sticky chest. "Shower?"

Nate grins, then pushes himself off the bed. "The last one to arrive blows the other."

I laugh as I jump up and race him to the bathroom.