What the future holds

Sans POV

I and Mincho were now fifteen years old in Boss Monster years and Papyrus was ten. Papyrus was still working for Grillby and Mincho was working hard to keep his garden looking like something out of a fairy tale. Me and dad have been working on our newest machine after we were done being grounded. And we finally got it running and the first world we saw was named Undertale. Dad said it was like his universe before it was destroyed and he seemed very sad.

I quickly called over my brothers through the mind link to get here as soon as possible. They teleported into the lab right behind him and then we all hugged him. He then looked at us with tears in his eye sockets with a shocked look.

"We're here for ya old man," I said to him with a small smile.

"Yes, and it's okay to cry. We know it must be hard for you to see a universe like your old one." Papyrus says with tears in his sockets too. Mincho began to sing a song to heal the pain he seemed to be in.

"Here, where the sky is falling, I'm covered in blue. I'm running and I'm crawling, fighting for you. When the rain stops, then darling, what will I do?

And I know I go all in, but why do I?
You give me a reason, something to believe in
I know, I know, I know
You give me a meaning, something I can breathe in
I know, I know, I know
It's a bittersweet feeling, longing, and I'm leaving
I go, I go, I go

But I wish I was there with you
Oh, I wish I was there with you

There's a crack in my window, a bird in my room
Angels all over that watch over you
When I'm walking on water, all my dreams have come true
Still, nothing means anything without you, you

You give me a reason, something to believe in
I know, I know, I know
You give me a meaning, something I can breathe in
I know, I know, I know
It's a bittersweet feeling, longing, and I'm leaving
I go, I go, I go

Tell my heart to lie, but I know deep inside it's true
That I wish I had been there with you
Oh, I wish I was there with you

You give me a reason, something to believe in
I know, I know, I know
You give me a meaning, something I can breathe in
I know, I know, I know
It's a bittersweet feeling, longing, and I'm leaving
I go, I go, I go

Tell my heart to lie, but I know deep inside it's true
That I wish I had been there with you
I wish I had been there with you
Oh, I wish I was there with you."

When the green light from Mincho's magic faded away Dad seemed to look better. "Do ya want to see other universes instead old man? We don't have to explore this one if it's too much for ya." I said calmly. "No, it's okay Sans I just got emotional there for a second. It's just... I almost forgot what the underground looked like before I came here... But I'll be fine. Now let's see what's going on huh? And Sans don't forget to send the crystal paper cranes to gather material as well. Specifically the crystals from Waterfall and the echo flowers. I'm sure Mincho would love the echo flowers and we all can enjoy the crystals. They shine just like stars we can even hang them up in our rooms...wouldn't that be wonderful?"

Dad was looking like he was trying to not cry. So I did what he wanted and I released the crystal cranes into the screen portal. The screen portal could not be seen by others on the other side and it was very small. Every time we tried to make the screen bigger the link between alternate universes would break down. So it had to stay small to work properly.