Escape

Mincho POV

It's now been a whole year since Gaster changed our soul traits. And unluckily for us, we were called upon by Emperor Asgore to have judged some poor monsters that went against him. And we were sent back to the lab each time we finished the trials. We do have some luck because recently Gaster has not noticed the lock on our cage is broken because he has been too busy working on the core. We can also tell he needs to rest soon. And I know some would say just try to escape. But we still have the metal collars on us that can zap us with electricity.

Then one day Gaster wanted to do a scan of the Magic veins in my bones for a check-up. But the collar kept getting in the way of the scanner. So he tried to put me to sleep with Rohypnol. Not knowing it didn't work on me because of my magic. So I pretended to be unconscious like always when he used it. I turned off my eye lights and my body went limp on the table.

My brothers found out this neat trick where we can turn off our eyelights and still see. Then Gaster goes to a hidden safe in the wall and pulls out something. He then turns around and I see a remote similar to the one he gave Asgore. He pushed a red button in the middle and I could feel my collar come off. I wanted to tell Sans and Papyrus but remembered Gaster was going to scan me soon.

So I quickly put myself to sleep before Gaster did his scan. After Gaster finished he was about to drag me back to the cage to wake up on my own. But just as we were leaving through the doorway Gaster received a text from the monsters still working on the core with him. He wasn't paying any attention to his surroundings as he was typing on his phone about the finishing touches on the core. So I quickly took out a thick folded sheet of paper and shoved it into the notch of the door to stop it from locking with my magic. Just in time, Gaster started to drag me by my leg on the floor to my cage.

I wait for a little before waking up so Gaster won't suspect anything. My brothers knew I was pretending so they didn't panic. Sans came over to me and put my head on his lap. While Papyrus leaned on his side talking about a puzzle book he found. I couldn't wait to tell them what I found out.

(Bros! I need to tell you something it's very important! So sorry Papyrus about cutting your conversation with Sans short. But I need you two to pretend to fall asleep so I can tell you. And don't show any reaction to what I'm about to tell you. Okay bros?) I tell them in the link while I'm still pretending to be asleep.

(Okay Mincho. And I forgive you. You do seem excited about whatever you want to tell us.) Papyrus says as he pretends to fall asleep while still talking a little. Sans on the other hand let out a yawn as he pretended to fall asleep.

I think.

After a while, they both pretended to fall asleep, and I told them about Gaster's hidden safe that was in the wall and the remote.

(We should escape. The only reason we haven't tried before is because of these fucking collars. But if what you say is true will make our move tonight. Gaster is done with making the core. And I don't want us to be here when he's well rested to continue his work. I rather not be tested on again just so Gaster can make a fucking clone army of us that will be used for war.) Sans says to both me and Papyrus.

(Ho, I can't wait. Brothers, I want to go to a place called a market so badly. I heard it has everything you would need there from monsters I've met on the battlefield. But you have to have G to buy stuff there.) Papyrus says a bit saddened at the end.

(Don't worry Papyrus. I'm sure Gaster must have some G hidden in the safe with the remote. We can take that when we escape.) I say to Papyrus with a Cheshire Cat smile on my face in the mind link.

(I agree with Mincho. We'll take his money and the remote and start a new life away from here.)

We waited for it to be midnight before we came out of our cage. Then we slowly walked to the examination room to where the hidden safe was. Gaster's stupid ass no longer checks to make sure all the doors lock properly anymore due to his sleep exhaustion. So all we had to do was push the door and it opened right up.

(Wowie, that's so cool I didn't know that a regular sheet of paper can be stronger than a steel door. I thought it wouldn't stand a chance against the steel lock.) Papyrus said with cheerful surprise in the mind link.

(When you put weight on a sheet of paper it tends to buckle because it is very thin. It has no strength along the thin direction. By folding or rolling the paper, you create a "thickness" which allows the paper to reinforce itself and not collapse so easily. Little bro.) Sans answered Papyrus's question.

I quickly locate the safe and luckily I have a good memory so I know the password. We entered it and the safe opened with no problems. And just like I saw before inside was the remote and other things. Like a small rock labeled Inventory Crystal and a bunch of bags of G.

I was curious and picked up the inventory crystal when I remembered what I learned on the battlefield from other monsters. They explained that Inventory Crystals are a new invention created by the Royal scientist and could be used to store several things inside of them but they all have to be non-living things and they can be very expensive. Thanks to them I know how to use it and I quickly used it to store everything that was in the safe beside the remote.

Sans POV

For the first time in our lives, we are so close to freedom that I can't believe it. I now hold in my hands the key to our freedom.

(Who will be going to be free first?) I used the mind link to talk with them.

(It should be Papyrus!) Mincho yells with joy into the link.

(What no. It should be you or Sans you both have been imprisoned much longer than I have so it should be one of you first.)

(Papyrus you should be free first. You're our little Crane and our most precious treasure of all. And it's time to see how beautiful you are when you fly free from this cage.) Mincho says with happy tears and nods to me.

I pointed the remote at Papyrus's collar and pushed the red button. There was a click sound before Papyrus's collar came off with no problems. Mincho quickly pulled Papyrus into a hug shedding happy tears for him because he was finally free. All the while Papyrus was still in shock that it was off. I had to hold in my tears as I pushed the red button again.

This time pointing the remote at Mincho's collar and it too came off. Mincho moved his hands all around his cervical vertebrae to touch where the collar used to be and smiled with true happiness. I was now truly relieved seeing both my brothers finally a step closer to freedom.

Papyrus POV

Minho's collar came off and I could feel his relief and happiness. I believe Sans was so happy to see us free from the collars he forgot about himself. So I grabbed the remote and pointed it at Sans's collar. There was another click and his collar was off. Sans used one hand and felt around his neck. We all hugged each other because we are now free.