Grounded

Time skip

Shinzō POV

It has been a few years since I have been in this new alternate universe. I was devastated over the destruction of my old universe but later moved on because there was nothing I could do to fix it. And now I have been living the best years of my life in this universe. I have become the proud parent of two twin boys and a younger son. Since the day after Papyrus asked me all those years ago to be their father.

They have shown me nothing but love and adoration all this time. Later I tried to teach them some things that monster parents would teach their kids. But I didn't have to teach them much of anything because they already learned most of that stuff on their own. It has been them who have been doing most of the teaching. They taught me all they know about their world, and their hobbies, and are even sharing their library with me.

I like to stay in our pocket dimension home even more so when Sans made me a lab and my very own work area. I can go outside but I choose not to most of the time because I fear the new universe I live in will change because of me. Sans had already told me it happened once mainly when my alternate self was pushed in the core and whenever the name Gaster is said outside our home. I fear there's a chance that the universe will change again if anyone finds out about me being a Gaster. Both I and Sans agreed that the universe would most likely try to use me as a replacement for the old Gaster.

So just like my boys, I wear a Kitsune mask whenever I leave the pocket dimension home and don't use my old name. Papyrus even got me a bunch of beautiful magenta furisodes so I didn't stick out like a sore thumb. And when I say leave I mean dragged away from my comfy lab by Papyrus or Mincho. Sometimes they would do it at the same time if I'm being what they describe as difficult. I'm not even allowed to be in my lab when I have to eat or sleep.

Sans shares my experience with their enforcement of the rules for lab hours. There was this one time Sans and I tried to put our foot down against the younger two skeletons, and it ended badly. It happened just last week both Me and Sans were working on a machine that would allow us to observe and collect materials from alternate universes with help from the paper Crystal cranes.

We made a breakthrough that day and we were so excited we wanted to continue to work on it. But then we heard Papyrus call out that it was bedtime. We looked at each other and had one thought which was to continue to work like we didn't hear Papyrus. Sans walked over to the door then locked it quietly and proceeded to come back to our desk. After a few minutes, Papyrus came up to the door and yelled softly.

"You both have ten seconds to finish what you're doing and open this door then go to bed." His voice sounded close-mouthed like he wouldn't do anything bad to us if we didn't listen.

But both I and Sans knew not to trust Papyrus when his voice sounded so soft and sweet like that but we continued to work. So we hunkered down and continued like we did not hear him.

"If you both continue to be difficult I will have to get Mincho involved in retrieving both of you and escorting you to bed." Sans physically stiffens when Papyrus mentions he would get Mincho involved.

"Maybe we can save this for tomorrow Pops?" Sans says with fear in his voice staring at the door.

I walked over to where Sans was sitting on a tall chair. Then I get onto one knee in front of Sans and put my hand on his shoulder then look into his eye sockets. 

"Sans, we are scientists we must take risks to achieve our goal and to make discoveries. We must not give up in the face of danger."

"Oh, it's not the face of danger I fear it's the face of an angry Papyrus and Mincho I fear most in this world," Sans said while nervously nursing on a bottle of soy sauce.

Looking at the door with a bit of a sweat drop on the side of his head. I somehow got Sans to focus back on our work but when it was close to the ten minutes Papyrus gave us. Sans started to look at the door again, and right when ten minutes passed by, there was a big BANG.

The door that was once on its hinges was now lying on the floor right in front of me and Sans. We both looked at the poor door then we looked at the door entrance and saw an angry Mincho.

"I do believe Papyrus told the both of ya that it was time for bed. Why is it that ya both are not in bed by now?" Mincho said with an evil smile while his upper face was covered in Shadows but I could see magic coming from his right eye socket.

His voice sounded tired like he had just woken up, and with his arms crossed like he was done with our shit. Then it hit us Papyrus had just woken up Mincho to get us. Knowing full well that Mincho hates it when he is woken up when he has just fallen asleep after a long day of work. I looked behind Mincho to see an evil, smirking Papyrus. It was like he was laughing at our misfortune. Mincho uses his magic to pull us out of the lab and then wrap us up in futons like a burrito.

The only thing I could think to say to Papyrus was, "Clever boy." As Sans and I were dragged to our rooms to be put to sleep. "Oh, I know, I am the Clever Kurōbā after all." Papyrus said back to me as he went into his room.

The next day both Sans and I found a magic barrier on our lab's doorway entrance.

"Papyrus said you two are grounded for not listening when he told you both to go to bed. So you both are banned from the labs for three weeks."

I put my hand on the barrier and was going to break it when Mincho said.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. Papyrus said if you break the barrier he'll add more time for you both to be banned from the lab. He also said he'll have me give you both a worse punishment to deal with afterward."

Mincho said as he sat on the couch reading one of his gardening books. Sans and I could not believe it. We had lost to the younger two skeletons, and they knew it. With Mincho's Jory title, he could punish us for breaking the rules of the house. As I was thinking that I saw Papyrus pass by me and Sans with a smirk that said I win. I swear to Asgore Papyrus is one sneaky ass gremlin.

And I won't mind it if he used his mind tricks on others, I would be proud of him even. I just wish he wouldn't use it on family or me specifically.

This is what he looks like.