𝟏𝟏 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

3rd person pov:

"Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me." Rebekah says. "Alaric Saltzman is supposed to be dead." Klaus replies. "Well he's not, and he's a vampire thanks to mother's spell with a white oak stake that can't kill him. He's stronger Nik, too strong." Rebekah says. "Where is he now?" "Stuck at the school without a daylight ring. But as soon as night falls, he'll come after us. We need to leave, now." Rebekah says.

"Fine. I'll collect Elena and we'll be on our way." Klaus responds. "Forget Elena, you don't need any more stupid hybrids." Rebekah spats. "What I need is protection from Esther's continued assaults against us." Klaus replies. "We'll protect each other like we always have. Always, and forever Nik." Rebekah says. 

"What's going on in here?" Kol asks as he enters the room. "Alaric Saltzman isn't dead, he's a vampire." Klaus explains. "And he's stronger, way too strong, the white oak doesn't kill him." Rebekah adds. "Well I'm suggesting we do something about it." Kol says. "And how do you suggest we do that?" Rebekah asks. "I don't know, we at least have to try." "I'm going to get Elena, and we're going to leave." Klaus says. "No, I'm not just leaving Aurora here." Kol says. "We'll get back, once he's dead." Klaus replies. "There is something I forgot to mention.." Rebekah starts. "What?" Klaus spats, but Rebekah doesn't answer. "What Rebekah?!" Klaus yells.

1st person pov, Aurora:

I answer the phone, since apparently Alaric is calling me from the dead. "Whoever this is, it's not funny." I say annoyed. "Who else would it be?" "Ric?" "Listen closely, I'm at the school. I have Caroline. And if you wanna keep her alive, I need you to get in your car and come down here right away." He says. Oh my God. "If you tell anyone, where you are going, I will kill here." He says and he hangs up the phone. 

I walk through the halls of the school. I can hear Care cry. Shit! I start running towards the sound. I walk into the classroom, and I see Care with pencils in her hand and tears in her eyes. "Care. Let her go Alaric." I say. "Free her yourself." He replies. I walk over to Care. "Hey." I try to pull the pencil out, but Alaric slams it back in. Care yells out in pain. "You said that you would let her go!" I yell. "How many times do I have to tell you Aurora? Stop trusting vampires!" Ric snaps. 

Alaric soaks the towel in vervain water and walks over to Care. "No. I don't want to. Please no more." Care cries. "Alaric stop.." I start but he pushes me back on the chair. "Sit down!" He yells. "This keeps the vervain in her system. It's like inhaling razor blades with every breath." He says as he ties it back on Care's mouth, who cries out in pain. "Why are you doing this?" I ask. "To make it easier on you, when you put her out of her misery." He replies. "What? No." I reply. "Kill her."

3rd person pov:

"Kill her. Or I'll do it for you, and I'll make it hurt." Alaric says. Alaric grabs Aurora's arm and pulls her up. Alaric hands Aurora the stake. Aurora turns around and tries to stake Alaric, but he stops her. "Didn't you learn anything?" Alaric asks. "I did." Aurora says and she grabs the glass with vervain and shoves it in Alaric's face. Aurora pulls the pencils out of Caroline's hand and gets away the towel. "Get help." She says to Caroline, and Caroline speeds away. Aurora tries to run, but Alaric stops her. "Not so fast."

Caroline stops in the hall and gets grab from behind. "Shhhh. It's okay. It's okay. It's me." Klaus says as he gets away his hand from Caroline's mouth. "It's okay, you're safe." Klaus says. "We'll save Aurora, you go straight home. You stay inside, do you understand?" Klaus asks. "Do you understand me?" Klaus asks again. Caroline nods. "Thank you." She says and Klaus speeds away. 

Alaric throws Aurora against the lockers. "I should kill you. I should gut you like Brian Walters, Bill Forbes, and all the other cowards I plan on ripping apart. You're the worst defender of them all Aurora, you don't deserve to live." Alaric says as he holds Aurora by the throat. "So then why am I still alive? There's obviously no humanity left in you. So what's stopping you Alaric? If you want me dead then kill me. Do it. Kill me!" Aurora yells as Alaric shows his vampire face.