𝟒 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Elijah told a rather boring story about another Petrova doppelgänger, Tatia Petrova. Same old story of two brother fighting over the same girl. What's up with that? "So why don't we move this evening along and discuss the terms of the proposal?" Elijah suggests. Finally they're getting to the point, this was literally the most boring dinner ever. "It's very simple. Klaus gets his coffin back. In exchange, he and the original extended family, leave Mystic Falls forever. Me, Stefan and Elena live happily ever after, no grudges." Damon states.

"Deal sounds fair brother." Elijah says. "I don't think you understand. Elena's doppelgänger blood," here we go again with the doppelgängers, "insures that I'll always have more hybrids to fight those that oppose me. I will never leave her behind." Nik says. "But say I do leave her here, under your protection, what then? How long before one of you turns her into a vampire, or worse how long before she dies caught between your feuding. You see, each one of you truly believes that you're the one who can protect her, and that is simply a delusion." Nik states.

"Gentlemen, the worst for Elena Gilbert is.. the two of you." He says and everyone is quiet, before Damon gets up with the excuse that he needs to get some air. Something is going on and I don't like it. "Let me deal with this." Elijah says getting up. "All this talk has made me thirsty." Nik says looking over to the compelled female. "What do you say Stefan? Can I interest you in an after dinner drink?" He asks before he bites into her neck. "Nik, what the hell?" I say. "Delicious." He says as he drops her body, to which I heavily roll my eyes.

"What do you say Klaus?" Damon asks walking in with Elijah. "Time for you to put something on the table. We've made our offer, now you counter." Damon says. "Okay." Nik replies, taking a seat again. "I offer Elena's future happiness. You see, what she needs right now is to be rid of you lot. And to fall in love with a human, maybe that nice football player, you know the blond one." Nik suggests. "Matt Donovan? Really?" Damon frowns. "Yea, why not? They'll marry, live a long and fruitful life, and pop out a perfect family." Nik responds. "And continue the Petrova bloodline, every few hundred years you'll have a new doppelgänger to drain, and never run out of hybrids right Klaus?" Stefan implies.

"Consider this small return in my investment in her well being. See, after you hand me back the coffin, I'll insure her safety for the rest of her natural life. That is what's best for her." Nik states. "So, what do you say Stefan?" Nik asks getting up from his seat. "Do we have a deal?" He asks as Stefan walks over to him. "What are you doing?" Damon asks frowning. "Stefan.." I say. Stefan shakes Nik's hand. "Nice try Klaus, but no deal." Stefan says as Nik's smile fades. Suddenly Nik breaks Stefans leg and puts his hand in the open hearth. Damon runs over to Nik, but Elijah pins him against the wall. "Klaus! What the hell? Let him go, both of you!" I yell to both Nik and Elijah. 

Stefan groans in pain. "Now, bring me my coffin before I burn him alive." Nik says but Damon doesn't respond. "Seriously?" I snap. Okay this better works, lately I've had a little more control over my magic screams so let's give it a try. I put my hands on the wall and I scream as loud as I can. The four of them fall to the ground, and I stop screaming after ten seconds. "Enough!" I yell as they get up. "I'll get it." Damon says and leaves. "Go with him brother, keep him honest. And when you return, I will make good on my promise to you, and I will hand over our family." Nik says. 

"What the hell Klaus." I snap. "I thought you said that you would discuss like civilized men?" I ask annoyed. "I did what I had to do." He states. "Yeah right." I say rolling my eyes. Stefan and Nik are "fighting", when suddenly Elijah and Damon come in, with one of the compelled women. Why does she have a plate in her hand? "Elijah, why haven't you left?" Nik asks. "Well where are your manners brother? We forgot dessert." Elijah states pulling the cloth of the plate. Oh God. Daggers.