𝟗 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

A week has passed, and strange enough there barely was super natural stuff going on. I mean, the of course the usual was going on, you don't stop being a witch or a vampire, but no fights or anything like that. I'm still linked to the Mikaelsons, but maybe that's a good thing, they're not going to kill them if I'm still linked to them.

"Has Kol called you back yet?" Care asks as I enter the kitchen. "No he hasn't, I left him a message, but he hasn't returned any of my calls or my texts." I reply. "Well I'm sure he's just busy, he'll call you later." "Yeah you're right." I say as I grab my purse. "We're still going to the Grill right?" I ask. "Yeah, I just need to get my bag." Care replies and she goes upstairs.

"Okay it's almost your birthday and I think it's about time we start planning." Care says as I eat a fry. "My birthday is in three weeks." "Exactly my point." Care says. "It's your 18th birthday you need to throw a big party. You already missed your sweet sixteen, you know with everything going on at that time in your life." Care says. "Yeah you're right, I need to celebrate my eighteenth birthday properly. We'll see how we celebrate it later. First, I'm going to find out where Kol is."

"He still hasn't texted you back huh?" "Nope, I wonder where he is." "Well we could go to his house, maybe Klaus or Rebekah knows." Care suggests. "Right?" She asks, when I don't answer her. Suddenly I flinch. "Aurora? Is everything okay?" Care asks. "Yeah sorry. I don't know what just happened. I got this weird feeling inside me. I'm sure it's nothing. What were you saying?" I reply. "I said that we could stop by at the Mikaelsons, maybe they know where he is." Care repeats. "Yeah, that's a good idea." 

I ring the doorbell, and we wait. After the while Nik opens the door. "Caroline, Aurora, come in." "Hey Nik." I say as Care and I enter the house. "Do you want something to drink?" Nik offers. "Yes please." Care says, taking a seat on the couch. "No thanks." I say and I take a seat next to Care. "So, I assume you are here for a reason." Nik presumes as he hands Care his drink. 

"Uh yes you're right, we came to ask a question." I admit. "We were wondering if you might know where Kol is." I state. "Yeah, he hasn't returned her calls or texts." Care adds. "He left two days ago, he said he had some business to take care off." "Business?" Care asks. "I have no idea, that's all he said and that he'll come back after he takes care of it." Nik says. "And he couldn't text or call me?" I say, more to myself then to them. "Apparently not." Nik laughs, making Care raise her eyebrow at him which makes him stop laughing. 

"I'm so going to kill him when he gets back." I say which makes him laugh, again. "You do realize.." Nik starts, but I cut him off. "Yeah I know I can't actually kill him, but I'd love to try." I reply, making Nik grin. "I would love to see that happen." Nik says amused. "Yeah I'm sure you would." Care replies.

🥀

I enter the grill and I see Elena talking with Matt. Then I spot Nik at the bar, staring at them. "Okay that's not creepy at all." I say as I approach him. I take a seat next to him. "No seriously, why are you staring at them like that?" I ask. "I think they're up to something." "And why would you think that?" "Because, they're acting weird, and they still have the white oak." 

"It's not like they're gonna use it." I say.  "How do you know?" "Well I'm still linked to y'all, so there is no way in hell they're going to use that." "What makes you think that? You're not really on best terms with them." Nik says. "No matter how much we fight, they're not going to kill me, believe me." 

"You already came back alive once, so there's no reason why they wouldn't." "First of all, we don't know how that happened and if it can or will happen again, second of all if they wanted to do that they would've tried that a long time ago. You're just being paranoid Nik, no need to worry. I'll talk to your later, bye." I say and I leave the grill.