𝟖 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

!!Don't forget to read chapter 7!! It is posted before the  (1st) Author's note.

"What do you think about this dress?" Care asks me and Rebekah. "It looks amazing." Rebekah says. "Yea it looks amazing Care." "Thanks, but I'm not sure if this is the dress." She replies. I look at the different dresses. "Care isn't this one something for you?" I ask handing her a dress. "Hmm maybe it is, let me try it on." She says and she enters. the changing room again. "What do you think this one or this one?" Rebekah asks, two different dresses in her hand. "You should try them both." I reply and I look outside. I see Kol talking with Damon across of the street. "I'll be right back." I say to Rebekah and I run out of the store.

"Hey." I say approaching Damon and Kol. "Oh hello there little witch." Damon says. "Eveerything alright here?" I ask frowning. Damon literally helped in the process trying to kill them, so I can't imagine this being a friendly conversation. "Yep everything is just fine, I was just leaving. Bye little witch." Damon says. "Bye." I say and he speeds off. I'm still pissed at him, but constantly being mad isn't going to help. 

"Hi." I say, now focusing my attention towards Kol. "Hello love." He replies. "Do you have plans tomorrow?" I ask. "Not really, I heard Nik was going to the Founder's Day parade, I was thinking of maybe checking that out." "Well speaking of that, I was wondering if you wanted to go with me to Founder's Day." I say. "As your date?" "Yea, if you want to." "It would be my pleasure." He says with a smile. "Thank you!" I say and I give him a kiss on the cheek. "Bye!" I say and I cross the street again. "Oh wear something old!" I say turning around. "Old?" "Yeah we're doing a centuries old dance." I reply. "Wait you didn't mention dancing!" He yells after me before I enter the shop again.

"Where were you?" Care asks coming out of the changing room. "I was getting myself a date." I reply. "Good for you girl." Care says. "Now try this dress on." Care says handing me a dress as Rebekah leaves the changing room. "It looks amazing Bex." I say before I enter the dressing room.

We're at the grill, after being to tons of shops. "I can't believe you didn't find a dress." Rebekah says. "Yeah me neither." Care agrees with Rebekah. Care and Bex both found a beautiful dress, but I didn't. "There was just nothing that stood out to me. But that's okay, I'll just wear my dress from last year." I say."Last year?" Rebekah asks. "Did you also do a dance like this last year?" Rebekah asks. "No last year we participated in Miss Mystic Falls, and we were in the parade. And Aurora here was Mystic Falls." Care explains. "Really?" "Yeah she looked great." Care says.

"I'm sleeping at Bonnie's today by the way, she's still upset about her mom turning." Care says while we walk over to my car. "You can come with me if you want." Care suggests. "Oh no that's okay I'm tired, I'll just meet you at the square tomorrow." I say. "Are you sure?" "Yeah, give Bonnie a hug for me." I reply.

🥀

I'm looking in my closet. It's better if I find my dress now, otherwise I need to do that tomorrow morning. I have too many dresses. Ah there it is, my dress from last year. My eyes fall on a box in my closet. I grab it, some clothes of my mother are in there I think. I see some tops, and some dresses. It looks great, I totally forgot I had this box. On the bottom of a box lies a clothes cover. It has a note on it. This dress has been passed on in the family for decades, wear it for a special occasion, kisses mom. I miss her. I'm curious what's in it. I open the zipper and I get the dress out of the cover. Oh. My. God. It's the most amazing dress I've ever seen, and it's perfect for tomorrow. I'm guessing this dress belongs to Eloise Beaufort, the crown princess of France. I guess I'll be wearing a royalty dress tomorrow.

Next morning

I'm straightening my hair when I hear my phone. "Hey Care." "Hey Rora, we're meeting at the town hall at half past ten. We need to check everything for the dance." "Okay, I'll be there, see you later." "Bye!"