𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

Aurora Beaufort is a seventeen year old girl living in Mystic Falls. She's caught up in the super natural world, one of the reasons being that she is a super natural creature.

Aurora's parents died when she was fifteen years old, which was a year after she moved to Mystic Falls. Her parents were good friends with Liz Forbes, so she moved in with her and Caroline. Aurora was already good friends with Caroline, Bonnie, Elena, Tyler, Matt and Jeremy, but when she moved in with Caroline they became even closer, like they were the sisters to each other they both never had.

At the age of sixteen, Aurora found out she was a witch. That was around the time the Salvatores appeared, and Bonnie started to believe she also really was a witch. Thing was, Bonnie eventually learned spells and was able to do magic. But no matter how hard Aurora tried she just couldn't do magic. She also couldn't figure out why, because her parents already died, and they were her only family members. She did find out her mom was also a witch, but she couldn't find anything on the Beaufort witches.

After a long time they realized Aurora couldn't really perform magic in the way of spells. Aurora couldn't, and still can't, control her magic. She did perform magic sometimes though, but in weird ways. For instance, one time something bad had happened and she screamed very loud, which every single super natural creature could hear, who was in the state Virginia. Also, some weather or earth phenomena, happen when Aurora has a certain mood. One time she cried so much, that it rained for a whole week, during Summer. Luckily, her mood doesn't always affect the earth, only on some occasions her magic let that happen.

A while ago, Klaus and Elijah Mikaelson came to Mystic Falls. Klaus wanted to break the sun and moon curse, and Elijah tried to find away to kill Klaus, because he thought Klaus dropped their (daggered) siblings in the ocean. But, Klaus confessed and said he would reunite Elijah with his family. Which he did, but not in the way Elijah wanted. Klaus daggered Elijah, instead of undaggering his siblings.

Anyway Klaus broke the sun and moon curse, thinking that Elena was dead, which she wasn't. Damon got a werewolf bite, and Stefan asked Klaus for his blood. But in return for his blood, Stefan had to go with Klaus. So, Aurora decided that she would go with Klaus and Stefan. She grew quite close with the younger Salvatore brother, and she knew he would need her support, so that he wouldn't completely go off the rails. Besides, they were gonna travel a lot, to lots of different places, which meant Aurora could do some more research on her family, and try to find out what kind of witch she is, and why there is nothing to find about the Beaufort family.

🥀

Hey guys! I promise this isn't gonna be a boring book! In the first couple of chapter Kol won't appear, because this book isn't just about Aurora's love story with Kol, it's also about what Aurora is, but I'm not gonna spoil anything. Of course I'll also focus on their relationship, but Aurora herself is also the main focus of this book.

Anyway I'm really excited for this book, and I already have a lot of ideas, for the characters and the plot. This won't be a short book, and maybe I'll make a sequel, because this book will go all the way to New Orleans and what happens there, although events will be turned around and adjusted, because otherwise. Aurora and Kol would be apart for a long time. Anyway have fun reading and I hope you guys'll like it!

Thoughts on what Aurora could be?

Thoughts on ship name for Aurora and Kol?

Let me know in the comments!

Warnings: use of  mature language, violence, use of alcohol, and more.

If you're looking for a slow burn this is not the book for you! I love slow burns, but I suck at writing them.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters, except for the characters that aren't mentioned in tvdu. All plot lines and the storyline belongs to Julie Plec.

-𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐎𝐧𝐞-