𝟐 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

"So you're a Beaufort, but you don't know any of your family except for your parents but they died. A year after they died you found out you were a witch, but you couldn't perform and control your magic. Your mother was a witch, but because she died and the rest of the Beaufort family died too you don't know what kind of witch you are. And now you're here stuck with my brother, werewolf hunting, while trying to find more information about family. Correct?" Rebekah states as she eats a fry. 

"Yeah that's about it. Long story short, I survived." I say as I drink my iced tea. We did some shopping, and now we're in a cafe, getting to know each other. "You have quite the life." Rebekah says. "Tell me about it." I sigh. 

"So you don't know anything about your family? Also not you fathers?" Rebekah asks. "No, I don't know exactly how it went, but after my father married my mother he never spoke to his family again. Maybe that's why he and I took my mothers last name. And as for my mother, she was the only one left in our family." I reply.

"Could you find anything about your mother and her family?" Rebekah asks. "Well not a lot. I found out I'm the tenth generation of Beaufort family line. Strange thing is, our whole family line consists of woman, and each of them had only one daughter, no other children. That's the only thing that really stood out, from the information I got anyway." I reply as I grab another fry.

"That's indeed strange. No men in your family?" "Nope, all men were by-laws. The whole bloodline consists of a Beaufort getting a daughter, and then she gets a daughter, and so on. There is no information to be found about the by-laws either." I respond.

"Well, when this whole drama is over, I can help you find out more about your family." She says smiling. "Thanks Rebekah, I would really appreciate that." "Sure, anytime. We better get going now, Nik has always been impatient, and he's got quite the temper." Rebekah says. "Really? I didn't notice?" I say sarcastically while smirking, to which Rebekah playfully rolls her eyes. I think we'll be very good friends.

We enter the bar. "Ah! You two finally decided to join the party?" Nik states to which I roll my eyes. "Let us girls be Nik, I've been lying daggered in a box for ninety years so I think I deserve a little fun." She says giving him a sarcastic smile, to which he dramatically rolls his eyes.

"What is she doing?" Stefan says as he enters the bar. "Failing." Nik responds to which Gloria rolls her eyes. "It's hard to find something when you don't have anything to go on." She states.

"So use me." Rebekah says walking over to Gloria. "I only wore it for a thousand years." She says sarcastically to which I chuckle. "Now this one offers a solution. Alright give me your hand sweetheart." Gloria says and Rebekah does as she says. This is not going to end well. They'll find out Elena is alive. 

"I can sense something." Gloria says with her eyes closed. The four of us wait in suspense, two of us because they want to know where the necklace is, and the other two because they're afraid for what's going to happen. Gloria gasps and opens her eyes. "I found it." She says.

"So where is it?" Rebekah asks impatiently.

"It doesn't work like that doll. I get images. A girl with her friends-" Gloria starts, but Rebekah interrupts her. "Yeah. A dead girl, with dead friends if I don't get my necklace back." Rebekah says annoyed. 

🥀

I'm walking through the streets of Chicago. The three vampires were going to grab a bite. Literally. I don't need to see them feeding on humans, I rather spend my time trying to find out more about my family. I grab my phone to see a text message from Caroline.