CHAPTER - 14 SONIC

Anger, confusion and disappointment were some of the things that Justin and his friends were feeling. Since Justin found the old photo of them in his mother’s room which revealed the connection that they had with each other long before meeting at Washington Heights high school. A connection that Justin’s mother and Director Stone seemed to be keeping secret for years.

“Man, I knew your mom and Mr. Stone were keeping secrets but... I just wasn’t expecting this.” Max voiced, still puzzled by the situation.

“How, ….why would they keep something like this a secret?” Chloe asked, just as confused.

“More importantly, how is it that none of us remember knowing each other back then, I don’t think we could forget something like that so easily.” Kade stated, making a great point.

“Did you confront your mother about this?” Max asked.

“No, I thought that I should show you guys first, plus I didn’t feel like hearing any more lies.” Justin replied.

“Well I’m gonna need some answers, and I’m sure you want more answers than any of us.” Chloe told Justin.

“So I guess the question is how do we get the answers we need when the only two people who have the answers are just going to lie to us?” Kade asked.

“What if we all confronted my mom together, she might tell us what we want if we’re all there.” Justin suggested.

“You sure you want to do that?” Max asked him.

“I don’t have a choice, my mom has been keeping too many secrets from me, like who she really is, what really happened with my dad on 7/15, and now this and god knows what else she’s keeping from me; I’m getting sick of it. Its like… its like I can’t trust her anymore.” Justin started venting. 

The three of them thought it over in their heads and came to a decision.

“Ok let’s do it.” Max spoke up.

“Okay, it might be the only way.” Chloe added in agreement.

“Alright I’m in, its not like I wanna be the odd one out.” Kade decided as he completed the unanimous decision.

“Alright then, let’s go.” Justin spoke as they followed him to his house.

                         AT JUSTIN’S HOUSE

“What’re you guys doing here? I thought you all were going to the movies.” Sarah spoke while she was watching television in the living room as Justin and his friends walked through the front door.

Justin and his friends remained silent even though Sarah had just asked a question and Justin seemed upset about something.

“What’s wrong?” Sarah asked after noticing the rising tension.

“Mom, we need to talk.” Justin started calmly as he took out the picture he found in her room.

“You mind explaining this?” He continued as he put the picture in front of her.

Sarah’s cheerful mood and facial expressions suddenly changed after she sat up in the sofa to look at the picture.

“You went through my things? you had no right to do that!” Sarah spoke getting upset.

“No, no, no, don’t try to turn this around on me. Plus I only did it because you were acting suspicious when you hid the picture as soon as I walked in the room. I guess I’m not the only one you’re keeping secrets from.” Justin stopped her, causing Sarah to look at his friends faces and see their upset.