Chapter 23

"You'd do that?" Jake asked, unsure of whether it would be right to use you and Heeseung's situation to try to fix his own friendship with Sunghoon. 

"Anything for my best friend, Jakey." You smiled at him, still trying to keep your eyes on the road. 

"You sure? I don't want you to have to start something with Heeseung just to fix the mistakes I made," Jake said, still not convinced that this would be the best idea to get Sunghoon to forgive him. 

"If I don't do this for you now, then when am I going to prove to you that I'm a good friend, huh?" You asked, causing Jake's face to contort into a massive smile. 

"You're the best y/n! If you weren't driving, I would have hugged you so tight. But for now, I'll leave it to a thank you." The two of you burst out into laughter, not too soon before reaching Jake's apartment. 

---------------------

After dropping Jake off, you headed back to your apartment. Your head was filled with thoughts about whether agreeing to Sunghoon's idea was the right thing to do. As much as you wanted everything between Sunghoon and Jake to be good again, you weren't sure if using Heeseung to do that would be the smart thing to do. 

But you knew you had to help Jake fix things with Sunghoon. And the best way to do that was through what you had suggested. If making Heeseung jealous was the only way to do that, then you were ready to do it. Your friends mean more than the world to you, so this shouldn't be too hard. But easier said than done. 

---------------------

You walked into your apartment, kicking off your shoes and putting your car keys away. Hearing the noise from the door opening, Hannah walked out of her room. 

"How'd things with Jake go?" She asked, rubbing her eyes to get herself to stay awake. 

"He's honestly more upset with the way he acted than he is with Sunghoon. But he wants to get Sunghoon to forgive him," You said, walking over to the kitchen, with Hannah following you. 

"Well, Sunghoon isn't someone to be petty and not forgive someone, so it shouldn't be too hard, right?" Hannah asked, watching as you grabbed a bottle of chilled water from the fridge. 

"Yeah, but I told Jake that maybe he and I should try Sunghoon's plan." You waited for Hannah to speak.

"You mean the one about making Heeseung jealous?" Hannah questioned, now leaning against the kitchen counter. 

"Yep, that plan." Your eyes scanned Hannah's face trying to figure out what she was thinking. 

"I think that's the best way to go right now, y/n." Sunoo appeared from his room and joined you in the kitchen. 

"I guess so.  If it'll make Sunghoon forgive Jake then it's worth a shot," Hannah said, encouraging you to go forward with the idea. 

"Get your phone, let's text Heeseung right now!" Sunoo said, slightly jumping up in excitement.