Chapter 3

Your ex-boyfriend was standing right in front of you. He was clutching onto the book, staring at you, very confused as to how he'd run into you after all these years. You never thought you'd see him again, not that you really wanted to see him again. Even though your mind wandered back to him all the time, you never wanted to rekindle anything. Which is why you moved away from your hometown, to somewhere you never thought he'd be. But you were wrong, and unfortunately, he was standing right in front of you. 

The both of you stood there in silence for a while. It was like your body froze, not letting you move even though you desperately wanted to leave. But before your body decided to unfreeze, Heeseung broke the silence. 

"I never thought I'd see you again. I didn't realise that you live around here now." He said, trying to purposely make small talk like he did to you back in high school before you started dating. 

"Yeah, I moved here after our break up...." You responded, trying to give him nothing to work with. 

"Right, yeah, of course! So, how have you been? I'm guessing good since you've got a glow. The type that you get when you're really happy," He chuckled a little, showing off his smile.

His smile was enough to bring back all the memories. All the nights you stayed up texting him and roaming around your school campus talking about the most random things. All the compliments and laughs that he gave you. But you were over it. You were over him. You realised as he was staring at you that you hadn't responded to his question. 

"Yeah, I'm good, just a little busy." A complete lie. You weren't very busy, but you needed to get away from Heeseung. Mainly just to stop yourself from yelling everything that came to mind.

"Oh, of course! I understand, I completely forgot that other people actually have things to do on weekends. If you don't mind, can I have your number? Maybe we could get a coffee or something, if you're free?" He asked, handing you his phone to type in your phone number. 

You grabbed his phone and hesitantly typed in your number. You didn't want to be rude, but you just weren't going to respond. If he texted, you'd just ignore it and delete the message. It's not like you were going to run into him ever again. 

"Sounds good, Heeseung. I'll let you know when I'm free." Once again, another lie. You weren't going to tell him when you were free. You just desperately needed to get away from him. You handed back his phone, and then bid your goodbyes. But before you could leave, Heeseung grabbed your wrist. 

"Here, take this...you wanted it first. It's not like I really need it anyway" He said, handing you the book. You thanked him and smiled to not make it awkward. You then quickly walked to the counter, bought the book and practically sprinted home. 

---------------------

You sat on the couch, thinking about the crazy day you'd just had. It's not every day that you run into your cheater ex-boyfriend in a bookstore and then make conversation with him. Never in a million years did you think that you'd actually even talk to Heeseung if you saw him. But you did, and you managed to make it out without giving him a piece of your mind.  

You heard the door to your apartment unlocking, and you saw Hannah walking in with two bags of groceries. She closed the door behind her, and walked towards your kitchen.