35.

Talking with Adonis went a lot better than expected. I think my biggest fear with this talk was me and my temper, there were a few times I wanted to knock his ass clean out, but I either cried or yelled. Guess those anger management classes did help a little.

Anyway, him wanting to leave the illegal drug game was a huge surprise for me. In one of our last conversations he told me he didn't see himself even thinking about giving it up within the next 10 years, and he was almost 19 years old then.

"If you're really serious about it, I'll help you out, but don't waste my time Adonis."

"I know. But it is time I give it now, I mean I'm almost 24 wit a daughter. I think it's past time I grow up and become a family man." He smiled.

"I'm shocked. Especially since this is the same person who wasn't trying to give this game up before he turned 30."

He shrugged. "Shit happens. I want my daughter ta be able ta come visit me wit out us worryin bout if the timing right or not and ion need you panickin every second bout whetha or not somebody who afta me tryin ta take Mani."

"I'm gon panic regardless."

"Why? You'on trust me wit our daughter or sum?"

"It has nothing to do with you. Any time she's not within the same building I'm in, I panic."

"You did ta day?"

"Yes! Half of me wanted to run out right behind the three of you, but instead I threw myself into working before I went mental in here." He laughed slightly.

"Why?"

"Ever since her birth she's basically been attached to my hip, she's my world and I would hate myself if anything happened to her."

"That's cute, but if you trust us wit yo life, you should be able ta trust us wit hers too." I looked at him crazy. "What?"

"Nothing, my dad told me the same thing earlier. And that I should especially trust you, since you been looking out for me since the day we met." He smiled cockily, and I rolled my eyes.

"Of course, I'd still lay my life on the line fa you, Mani too."

"And I know that, but it still won't stop me from worrying about her."

"You worried now?"

"A little."

"Why? She down the hall."

"I can't see her though."

He shook his head. "You a good mama. You worryin like this make it seem like you don't trust ya own parentin skills. I'm sure you told ha bout strangas, right?" I nodded my head, he was absolutely right. "Ok, so pull back a lil. I know she only 5, but she smart. Its ok ta worry when she not in the same area as you, but when she literally down the hall, chill out."

"Alright, I'll try."

"That's all I ask. But look, we already got our old friendship back. You dun stopped cussin my ass out at the sight of me." We laughed.

"Your words really did hurt me."

"I know, and if I could I would go back and change it all."

I shook my head. "I wouldn't, well I would just change what was said that day, but ultimately I think I still would've left, I didn't want her to be raised around that."

"You would've dipped wit out a trace?" He looked confused and hurt.

"Yeah, but I would've reached back out before the birth. It would've given you time to get that price off ya head, and me time to think some things out."