9.

Amani a.k.a Mani in multimedia
----------------------

"Did you have fun at practice?" I asked Mani through facetime.

"Yes! I know how to do a....." she trailed off, probably forgetting what it was called.

"Cartwheel" I heard my dad say in the background.

"Yeah! I learned how to do a cartwheel, and I can almost stand on my hands by myself!" She's only a beginner, and she loves it.

"I'm glad you had fun, what you do after practice."

"Fell asleep in the car." she said causing us both to laugh.

"Are you gon show me your cartwheel when I get back?"

"Yessssss!!!! Do you know how to do one?"

"Yessssss I do"

"Really?!?!?!" she asked surprised.

"Yep. But I gotta go, I'm goin to my papa house, so I gotta get ready. You stole my heart" I smiled at her, and she smiled back.

"Ok, and it's only fair since you stole mine" she laughed and we hung up.

She was the first person I talked to this morning, and after puttin up wit Rodney all night, I was glad to hear from her. No matter what mood I'm in, she can always brighten my day and bring a smile to my face.

__

"How would you feel about us havin a baby?" I asked him. We were at his mom's house, watching 'Baby Geniuses' with his little cousins, but they fell asleep a few minutes ago.

"I see a family witchu, but not now, the timin ain't right, and we still young." He said, causing me to smile a little.

"I just wanted to know, since we have sex like there's no tomorrow" I laughed.

"It's cool. I wouldn't mind a baby, and if it happens, then it happens and we'll just take it from there" he said laying in my lap. We ain't have shit else to do today, so we came over here, and let his homeboy take care of business, so today is our chill day. I didn't feel like goin out, and he was cool wit it, even though he wanted to spoil me today, I just wasn't up for it.

"So you wouldn't leave me or make me get an abortion?" I know niggas will say one thing and do another.

"Nah, that'll be my seed, and you ain't killin that, and I ain't goin no where."

"I know that, I wouldn't even think about doin no foul ass shit like that. It wouldn't be the baby's fault it was growin inside me." I said as I rubbed his head.

__

Where the fuck did that flashback come from? But it's funny how that nigga did exactly what I was thinkin, he said one thing and did another. Fuck him though. Me and MY daughter straight, we been straight, and we gon remain straight wit out his bitch ass.

Anyway, let me get dressed to go to my granddad's house. Rodney told him I was in town, and he called telling me to come over there.

My G a.k.a. granddad is in the oil business, so this nigga still spoil me and my dad, so naturally Mani gets spoiled from 3 generations. He provided me with the money to start my business, for that I am forever grateful. But if he wanted to quit today, he would still have money leftover for Mani grandkids to spend.

Me and my dad decided to use gramps' money to help us in our careers, so growing up I wasn't rich, but I lived a comfortable lifestyle. That was until Chelsea took me to New Orleans. So, I've basically lived in all class types; upper, working/middle, and low. Which is why I take nothing for granted, and grind so my daughter won't ever have to struggle.

Back to me gettin ready though, I'll dress down, since my meeting with the realtor isn't until 2, and it's only 10. I put on my fitted coral maxi skirt, light blue tank, and my coral, blue, and yellow Melissa Vegan Lua sandals. After putting my hair in a high bun, Rodney called and said he was at the hotel. I grabbed my room key and wallet and headed out the door.

__

"My G!" I said hugging my granddad as soon as I got to his house. I haven't seen him since the opening of 'Child of an Empire.'

"You're still as beautiful as ever. How you been?" He asked pulling away.

"Great. Where's Glam?" I asked in reference to my grandmother.

"Here I am, gorgeous." she said making a grand entrance. I mean, as she was walking, she was throwing rose petals above her head. This is where Mani gets her dramatics from.

"Still as fabulous as always, I see." I said laughing and shaking my head along with my granddad and Rodney.

"Of course darling. I wouldn't be me, if I wasn't." she embraced me in a hug.

"Well at least I know what to look forward to when little miss diva gets older."

"Speaking of her, where is she?" Glam asked.

"She stayed behind, she didn't wanna miss her practices and her first game."

"Bring her to me, next time you're in town. We miss her."

"Of course, I can call her on facetime now, so that you can speak with her."

"Oh yes, follow me, dear." I shook my head, this lady is dramatic for no reason. I followed her into the 'screen room' as G calls it. It's literally a room with a big ass tv in it that has been converted into a computer.

She handed me the keyboard and mouse, and I went into the facetime app since it is technically a Mac computer. I typed in the info for my dad's phone, and it started ringing.

"Who is th-- Oh, hey mom." My dad answered.

"Hello. I don't wanna talk to you, put little glam in training on." Glam said.

"Rude, but ok. Nini!!!!!!!" My dad yelled. A few seconds later, Mani was on the phone.

"Glammy!!!!!" she exclaimed. "I miss you!!!!"

"I miss you too, little glam" my grandmother smiled.

"I haven't seen you in foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever." and the dramatics start, I'm out.

__

"The dramatics started, so I left" I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Has she always been like that?" Rod asked.

"No, she hid that part of herself from me until after we'd gotten engaged." G stated with a chuckle.

"And you still went through with the marriage?" I jokingly asked.

"Yeah, it keeps the relationship entertaining" we all laughed.

I love my child and my grandmother to death with their over dramatic selves, but I love my whole family, Chelsea too, and wouldn't trade em for nothing.