"And what have you decided?"

"As much as I hate it Rose, because she is my biological family and because I used to love her. There just doesn't seem to be but one way to ensure that we, our family, friends, and future children are all going to be safe from her forever."

He stopped talking for a few moments and took several deep breaths before he continued. "I think that we have no choice but to put an end to her reign of terror forever Rose. I just don't know what else to do to protect everyone from her. Because God only knows who she would drain to become a strigoi herself. For all we know she plans to use Dimitri to turn herself and then to turn him. I think that that may very well be the very reason why she is so dead set on having him go back to Minneapolis with her. And I know that it would kill and destroy you to lose him that way. Well, at all really, but definitely like that and to her no less."

"Yes, it definitely would Chris." I replied as I brushed my fingers through Dimitri's hair again, while also trying not to let tears visibly form in my eyes, as I worried about what Christian had just said.

"What do you think should be done to and about her Rose?"

"Well, as much as I hate to hurt you, I agree with you. We have all been sitting here discussing what should be done to and about her. And just like with you, we also thought about using compulsion on her. But also, again just like you, I am concerned that she could do just as you suggested. And get someone else to remove the compulsion or she could break through it herself somehow. Or I guess we could completely erase her memory, including of who she is, and set her out in the human world to find her own way."

"Who is we, and what did you guys decide? I suppose that we could do that, maybe if we gave her complete amnesia then we won't ever have to worry about her. Because if she doesn't know that she's a moroi she would probably starve to death."

"Myself, Mitya, my father Abe, his head guardian and my uncle Pavel and my mom Alberta. And we had made no decisions yet. I... well we all, felt that you should have a say before we made any final decision on what to do about her and executed that decision since she is your aunt. Especially since you are one of the ones that she intended to turn into a strigoi. As for your latest suggestion, I suppose we could do that. But I am afraid that would kill God only knows how many people which would probably turn her into a strigoi. And if that happened then the compulsion could still be broken."

"Thank you so much for that Rose, really, all of you I really appreciate it. And now that I think about it you're right that could very well happen."

"You're welcome, Christian."

"It seems as though ending her permanently is the only safe choice to make. It is the only way that I can think of that we will all be safe from her forever. Otherwise... I hate to think about what she could or would do to any of us if she were compelled and managed to break free of it or if she managed to reverse it somehow. And if she were to become strigoi it would be sooo much worse than that even. It's just not worth the fear for us, our friends and families and having to look over our shoulders for the rest of ours and our children's and our grandchildren's lives, to take that kind of risk by leaving her alive."

"And you are sure that that is what you want to do?"

"I don't really think that we have any other option here Rose, so yeah, I'm sure. To protect Lissa, you, Dimitri and all of our other friends, family and all of our future children and grandchildren. There is just not any other way, that I can see, to be sure to keep us all safe and alive. Anything else that we tried to do could come back to bite us all in the ass and cause major problems, trouble, and damage for us all in the future."