It's Time! | Favorite DCP Memories

Song: "Kids" - Ben Rector

While the DCP has its ups and downs, that doesn't mean I didn't leave with so many beautiful memories—because I did. Just because I feel like it and love Milo and Maisie, I will share two special memories here: Rocket Raccoon and Rainy Day.

Rocket Raccoon:

About halfway through my Program, I had a night pool shift—the small pool, to be exact. Halfway through my shift, I went to the back of the building to switch out my towel metros, right? I was only there for five minutes at most. When I returned, I noticed everyone was leaving the pool.

The lifeguard Coordinator came to me while switching the towels and said, "Uh, hey, a raccoon got in the pool, so we have to shut it down for the rest of the night." It was the funniest thing ever, next to one of my other favorite memories that I'll share after this one. I got to go home three hours early because of a raccoon.

While leaving, my Leader showed me a video of the raccoon swimming in the pool. You made my night, Rocket!

Rainy Day:

And now for another favorite DCP memory! This was August of 2023. I was deployed to one of the other All-Star Resorts, and they put me on the night Recycle run (one of my favorite shifts). This was at All-Star Movies, so it was easy to find the buildings since the premise is one giant circle.

Anyway, as it was August, and it rains a lot in Florida... OMG! Amazing! My pargo (golf cart in Disney lingo) broke down next to my home resort's back dock during a horrible rainstorm. I got out, put it in neutral, and pushed it into, let's say, the enemy's territory. Ha, ha! No, not really. I called my Coordinator, who said he would be there in a few minutes and that I should let the Leader on duty at my home resort, All-Star Sports, know about the unexpected Movies pargo in the back dock that night.

So, I walked in, sloshing around and soaking wet, and my co-workers stared at me like, "What are you doing here? What happened?"

"Oh, yeah," I replied. "My pargo just broke down next to the back dock. No biggie." I tracked so much water into that breakroom. Ha, ha! I also caught a cold three days later, but it was worth it!

Mickey and I on DCP Graduation Day!