B.F.D. high - ranked and reviewed

reputation:

 i dont know who excatly commented this, but someone commented that b.f.d. high is the loud house revamped of the osc fanfiction

if you are not familiar with this refrence, loud house revamped is known as the longest piece of literature ever made passing 16,777,215 words in total and with about 2300 chapters, i doubt anything will surpass it.

B.F.D high is a bit less extreme, with about 400 000 words ish and only 33 chapters, however its longer than any other fanfic on wattpad or ao3

its also sitting very comfortably at 100k reads and 1.3k votes, defintley earning itself between the most popular fanfics.

however i have never read this thing and more importantly, ive never reviewed it which is an error i intend to repair.

however since B.F.D. high is so long and its divided into oneshots, ive decided to review oneshots on their own, then compiling them into a huge ranking

and without further ado, lets review the first one shot

my actual review(s)(poilers):

HER OTHER HALF

her other half has the burden of being the first oneshot, in result it has to introduce us to the 64 characters we will be following but also telling a plot, a balance few even dare to try.

how the balance works out is a diffrent topic entirely, i personally believe that in trying to introduce as much as it can, it ultimately fails at both ends, e.i. most characters feeling underdeveloped and the main plot feeling a bit weak, pretty noticeable towards the end.

we get thrust into the story with leafy running away from the cops after killing? its never explained what in this oneshot but we know she is atleast traumatised enough to runaway

i highly doubt that leafy escaping the police is viable and even so after the possible flash foward of her meeting pencil and match and her surviving 6 years limits her survivability even more. 

but in a weird way it also introduces us to what kind of book this is, weird things happen you aren't suppose to put logic into this, four can screech and revive people? cool.

i don't know, after reading a character piece or atleast trying to be that which was type zero this goofy vibe gives me whiplash even its not the books fault.

anyways the story progresses bubble finds leafy randomly on the street and basically forces her mom to adopt leafy?

i mean alright, moms are awesome but i really dont get invested in the story if they just make stupid decisions like why would you let a random girl in your house.

this is also made worse because of the fact that leafy literally tells her that if she doesnt get chained up, she will kill everyone in the house? like whatt excuse me gtfo of my house

really weird story decisions continue as leafy and firey befriend each other and then leafy befriends fireys entire friend group, it was implied that she was homeschooled so how is she able to befriend people so quickly? it just feels weird how rushed this whole interaction feels, especially the fact that leafy immediately falls in love with firey and vice versa.

honestly while this chapter is pretty long, it feels incredibly rushed which makes it worse when we halt so four can explain the rules of this universe and give them a project which goes nowhere in this oneshot atleast.

even her slight personality shift really goes nowhere, because we never given firey trying to piece together why leafy is soo weird other than that shes homeschooled.

we timeskip to leafy being friends with everyone which is weird tbh, i mean we could've had the oneshot end with leafy trying to befriend them and maybe something goes wrong with nickel and she realises she cant be friends with everyone

even if that isnt the point of the oneshot, i feel like rushing it to a camp site so leafy has a place where she can kill everyone while a bit clever just feels a bit out of nowhere.

and im not trying to sound like wah wah my idea betta! thats never my goal, im just saying we dont have to end the fanfic with leafy immediately being accepted into the group as the whole fic ends up feeling a bit rushed in the end. 

also the weird firey and filey connection was strange uhhh

this premise would've definitely worked better as more than one oneshot because this story is obviously bigger than this, with it dealing with leafys mental health

we never even get mild characterisation of firey other than, he is nice and has a big dick but lets not worry about that

writing or i guess scene descriptions are also pretty good, i like them.

anyways because of the rushed albeit pretty good premise and mild characterisation with even more rushed world building with the ending providing no conquecences for the obviously in wrong person. i will give this fanfic a 4.5/10 and for now its top of the list