in the spotlight - frustratingly underrated

guys the real reason im not updating as frequently is because im running out of snufkin pics please send help OSSOSOSOSO

reputation:

in the spotlight is definitely not the most popular bfdi book, currently sitting around 4.5k views, but it definitely has somewhat of a cult following around it seeing as most of the chapters have the same amount of votes. 

i'd probably consider this the first 'underrated' book in my reviewing catalogue (jesus im pretentious) which honestly is a shame

not a shame that i didnt cover any other underrated books, more that its a shame this book is so underrated in the first place, want me to show you why?

or i guess write? 

my actual review (toddlers):

this book is very divided in my mind

on one hand, this book is absolutely beautifully written, im not talking about scene descriptions. more about the monologues and dialogues 

the character povs in this make sense, while some characters do feel a bit worse than others(ill get to that) some speeches like the middle of everywhere, the pool one with bubble and thats just to name a few.

if you really want to, this book has basically endless tattoo potential, if i ever where to get one that had to be from wattpad, it'd definitely be this one. 

alright, so the idea here is actually brilliant and im surprised no one else has come up with it before.

the simple idea of having the bfdi cast in an actual reality show makes so much sense, and i hope this is not the only book which uses the concept, because there is near endless potential

i think its better if i explain my thoughts on each part of this book

so i basically divide this book into three sections, the building blocks, the alliance against 4+x and the merge.

while this is a very gross simplification of the plot and its sub plots, its clear to see where i probably didnt like it, so lets start with beginning  

the first part of the book near perfectly sets up the characters, their motivations and more importantly the gameshow.

while i got a little confused while reading on where the whole set was being set up and basically the whole 4x plotline, it didnt really that matter in the beginning. 

ill take about the characters later, but what i noticed is that really only the 'big five' got developed. 

which i like, you gotta give focus to your main characters, but it wouldnt hurt to have one or two chapters kind of covering the side characters, in the style of the tengolf chapter in the extras book.

or maybe thats just me nitpicking but give me your thoughts about this, seriously id like to know if i was the only one who didnt like this. 

i also liked this part moved the story forward alot, seriously alot happens in around 12 chapters and it doesnt feel rushed with all of the characters having time to breath.

so if were talking about the game show might aswell cover it here.

the gameshows rules never really made much sense to me

the application process felt a bit too relaxed, while i dont know how else they could've done it especially on a shoe string budget, there could've been some counter measure against google right? 

im more surprised that ruby and bubble were the only ones that cheated, wouldve been fun to have maybe near the start of the book, a chapter dedicated to 4 and x having to sort out all of the obvious cheaters.