conflicted by you - no plot and heartbreak

sorry for not updating,  ive been procrastinating reading it because i thought it was a bad book

turns out its much worse

reputation:

conflicted by you is one of the most popular fireafy book on here objectively since its first in the fireafy tag, something that makes me very angry and youll see why.

it has over 100k reads and nearly 2.5k votes and with 60 parts its BARELY EVEN TWO HOURS

with half of the chapters from the get go having the title of "A/N" im not too hopeful for this book, lets just get this over with.

my actual review:

i do not consider this a book.

in the same way you do not consider a conversation with rhyming to be a song, you do not consider this mess of half baked ideas, poorly written characters, no visualisation, the author making announcements or  breaking character in the middle of a sentence and sex "jokes" which feel straight out of a sex ed PSA to not be a book.

i guess i could talk about my first point the half baked ideas.

while the firey coming back from like six years of nothing was never done before, THIS WAS THE WORST WAY TO START IT. 

i always applaud books that try something new, that try to break the mold in a sense so not every book is samey. 

books like: you again, alight, idolised lies, fear garden even badly written ones like fireys reign and the perfect subjects. i still like the idea of where it was going and i can appercite the author atleast trying to do something new with it.

fireys reign, while admittly suffered from not having it take place right after firey annouces he is the king or whatever still has somewhat interesting ideas of what will happen if leafy comes back.

cby does not explore its ideas at all. cby uses firey leaving for two things, well one thing thats important to the "plot". 

the first one is that leafy creates a doll of firey?? which i think was the author trying to explain dildos? i think. it really goes nowhere, since firey and leafy never have sex, the only time firey sees leafy with it, the author seemingly forgot about it  because he never brings it up in the next chapter.

honestly thats the best example for most plot points in this, they get introduced have like five chapters of relevance (even less) and then just dissapear.

honestly take your pick, uhh divorce not being allowed in goiky (first two chapters and one throwaway chapter) divorce being allowed in goiky (three/two chapters than disappears because of tren)  firey starving himself because of leafy (okay this one was about four chapters)

ugh the second one is eggy.

to quickly explain if you have forgotten, which i wouldnt be suprised since this book is barely holding together at this point.

at around chapter 30 or so, eggy is introduced as someone who hit on leafy while firey was gone and she allowed it and now that firey is back, eggy wants him gone? untill she doesnt?

first of, WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU INTRODUCE YOUR MAIN ANTAGONIST IN CHAPTER 30???!!??!?!

LIKE WHAT THE FUCK, IM ACTUALLY ANGRY. IMAGINE HOW MUCH GOOD THE STORY COULDVE BEEN IF LEAFY HAD TO CHOOSE WETHER TO STAY WITH FIREY (HER HUSBAND) OR EGGY (HER SUPPORT)