𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

You, your family had all been gone for a long trip to a hill station. There was also one more person who accompanied you all, was your brother's best friend.

He was pretty handsome, and taller than you. You always had a mini crush on him, but never admitted because he would give you mixed signals.

Once you guys had reached the hotel, in which you were given a separate room, your brother and his best friend had been given one room, and your parents one room.

You were enjoying the trip, so far and everything was going on pretty well.

But one thing, was off. You were like a third wheel, because your brother was with his best friend and you mom and dad were seperate which leaves you feeling like a third wheel.

You were surrounded by people, but felt alone. Deep down in your heart you wanted someone to understand you, and know you.

But a part of you had already accepted that you would be left alone at the end of the day.

It was now in the evening and you had taken a shower and was getting ready to go out for dinner, as you guys have decided to have dinner outside today.

You wore on a dark green colour short dress with spegati straps. It was a velvet dress. You were getting ready in your room when suddenly you heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" you said. The door opened up and you heard footsteps. Your exressions became shocked when you stared into the mirror and saw none other than your brother's bestfriend.

"Uhm.." You blushed. But he just stared you from the mirror. Your cheeks turned bright and your face flustered.

You smiled shyly at him. "We leave in ten" he spoke. You nodded. You looked at him.

He looked so fine, wearing a black jacket, black jeans and an inner shirt. You gulped. He looked hot.

You heard someone clear their throat. You looked up to see your brother's bestfriend. He held a smirk on his face.

You blushed and looked down, while continuing curling your hair. He suddenly walked out of your room.

You sighed and did your make-up and hair all ready. You wore on your ankle boots and grabbed your purse walking out of your room.

You saw your parents, brother and his bestfriend who was staring at you as you walked.

Your parents sighed, "why are you so late y/n?" Asked your father. "I was getting ready" you mumbled. "Got what a time waste person" grumbled your mother.

Tears formed your eyes, as you sat in the car. You sat at the backseat at next to the window seat, while your brother's best friend was on the other side of the window.

He kept noticing you, but you didn't know.

Once everyone reached the restaurant. You guys took a seat at the table and everyone ordered for some juice or wine while you ordered for water.

It was now time for ya'll to order for dinner. Everyone ordered for a different dish. When you said steak and fries, your mother denied and ordered for a chicken salad for you, saying that you eat too much and you've turn fat.

When the dinner came, everyone ate silently. Everyone were indulged in their own conversation which left you alone by yourself, eating awkwardly.

Dinner was done, and everyone ordered for icecream while walking. Your mother once again denied you from eating icecreeam. So you started to scroll through your phone, awkwardly.

When all of a sudden, an ice-cream was in front of you. You looked up to see your brother's bestfriend holding out his cone for you.

"Uhm, no it's ok" you said. "Take it" he answered back more sternly. You sighed and took a small lick from it. "Happy" you asked him.

He sighed and rolled his eyes.

You guys were back home and you were in your room. You had changed into your pyjamas, and removed all your make-up. You were in the balcony staring at the clouds while braiding your hair.

Tears began to pour down your eyes, as you the flashbacks appread in front of your face. You cried silently praying that you wish that you had never been born.

All of a sudden, you were pulled to a hard chest and strong warm arms wrapped around your small body.

You were stunned. You looked up and saw your brother's bestfriend looking down at you with softness, affection and love.

Love?

You gulped. "S-sorry, i was just-" but he, cut you off by placing his finger on your lips. "Shh, let it out darling. I'm here to listen to you. I'll protect you all that's troubling you. You don't have to speak if you don't want me too. I'm seeing everything and i understand you. I'm here for you. I promise you, once we go back, i'll take you away from them and keep you with me. I'll make you happy. I promise you that sweetheart" he cooed.

You cried out your heart to him, while hugging him tightly.

He rubbed your back and kissed your head.

Suddenly he crushed his lips on yours.

And he had sealed his promise.