*Chapter 14*

Chapter 14

Elyse POV

Elyse paused and began to shovel more clothes into her suitcase. That would be enough; all the other clothes could be Kari’s. As if on cue, she walked in. Elyse was hoping she wouldn’t catch her and could’ve just left with a note. “Elyse? What’s up? Leaving on some month long trip to Mexico with Jaden, or something?” Kari asked, her voice was playful, so Elyse knew she was joking, but it still pained her to her core to think about Jaden.

“I’m leaving, Kari,” she said, her voice surprisingly steady and cool.

Kari looked confused. “Huh?”

“I’m not coming back, at least, I don’t think anytime soon. I’m moving back to Alister.”

“What about you and Jaden?” Kari asked she was still in shock.

“We’re done.” Even though Elyse tried to say it as cool and collective as she had at first, it came out cracked. She wiped her eyes. Her heart was still just recovering from her break-up with Jaden.

“D-done?” Kari asked, and then her friendly instincts came in action. She came to Elyse and wrapped her arms around her. “Aw, sweetie, what happened?”

“I caught him... ch-cheating on me,” Elyse said. Her throat was blocked by the incoming sobs that wanted to rack her body. She didn’t let them. She shouldn’t cry anymore.

“What?! Oh, what a dick!”

I know, Elyse thought, but she tore herself from Kari’s hug and finished stuffing the remainders of her clothes in there. She threw in her alarm clock and laptop, that’s all she really had for personal items, she hadn’t really settled fully yet.

“I’m out,” she told Kari. She gave her one last hug and stopped in the doorway. She looked at the dry erase board that hung on the wooden dormitory door. KARI & ELYSE. Elyse used the palm of her hand to wipe away her name and sniffled before leaving, exiting the door for what might be forever.

She could hear Kari talking to herself in her room, but she didn’t turn back. She walked to the cab out front. Chloe, AnnMarie, her mother and Trey were in it. She threw her suitcase in the back and hopped inside. Her mother wrapped an arm around her waist. Elyse hadn’t told her what happened yet, but she was supporting her fully.

“I knew you shouldn’t have left. So suddenly, anyway. You just met this boy and he swept you off your feet then he does loads of stupid things. Just like Carl, huh?”

Elyse didn’t answer but instead turned and looked out of the window. Her mother took the hint to shut-up. Elyse didn’t talk for the rest of the ride to airport.

When they made it, Devon, Da’Shawn, Carl, and Yasmeen were waiting. They had taken another cab. Elyse pulled her items out of the trunk and fell in step behind her family. She didn’t feel like talking to anybody. She wondered what would happen when she made it home. Would Sari greet her like the friend she used to be to her? Or maybe like the bitch she became? And George… George had always said he’d be there for Elyse when Jaden messed up, which he did plenty of times, so would Elyse go talk to him? She decided she would. She missed George more than she imagined.

They turned their baggage in and went through the long line to get inside the airport waiting areas. Once they were in, Elyse sighed and sat next to AnnMarie as they waited for the plane to come. She would definitely miss Calabasas. She felt her phone buzz in her pocket and she slid it out.

The screensaver of Jaden definitely needed to go.

Calling : Jaden<3

Find You Somewhere ( A Jaden Smith Love Story ♥ ♥) #2 ~ Sequel To Misfitsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें