*Chapter 8*

Chapter 8

Elyse POV

Elyse was surprised when Jaden arrived late. Even more surprised when he didn't greet her with a suitable hello. He looked distressed, with his suit wrinkled and his eyes with a dark indent under them. Elyse was worried. She got inside the car and closed the door. "What's wrong?" she asked.

Jaden offered her a weary fake smile. "Oh, nothing."

Elyse frowned and sighed. She put her hand on top of Jaden's. "Jaden, this relationship isn't going to go anywhere if we continue to lie to each other."

Jaden stared at her, his bleak brown eyes turning vulnerable for a second. It frightened her to see Jaden look that way, even if it was just for a second. Depsite her constant facades, she was the weak one in the relationship. Jaden was the strong one, the one that always got her through things. To see him look at her as if he were weak made her more scared than anything ever.

"Alright," he finally said, blowing out a long breath. "You're not going to like it, though."

Elyse shook her head, biting back a bitter laugh. She didn't like a lot of the things Jaden did nowadays. "I'm sure I can take it."

Jaden ignoring her, continued on. He put his hand on her knee. "You look beautiful, by the way."

Elyse smirked and he carried on cautiously. "Well. Before us, you know, got together. I, kinda, at my tour celebration party, hooked up with another girl."

Elyse never looked up, she massaged her temples gently. "Who is?"

"Hot-. Tasha Simones, she plays in-."

"The McKennel's Family, I've watched the show."

Jaden cleared his throat, seeming to grow increasingly nervous by the summer. "Yeah. And so, we had sex-."

"That's what you do when you hook up, isn't it?!" Elyse snapped. Her mood was worsening by the second. This night was supposed to be fun, the night before her birthday.

 Jaden stuttered. "Oh, y-yeah. B-but.. apparently, now she's.. pregnant."

Elyse almost broke down right there, but there was a small piece inside of her telling her to hang on. So she did. She still felt as if her insides were shards of broken glass though. That's exactly how she felt. Broken.

"Before you say anything, I have to say, I did use a condom! I think."

"You think? You fucking think? Jaden, of course you got the bitch pregnant if you're not even sure if you used a damn condom!"

Jaden lowered his eyes. "I knew you'd react this way."

"There's really no other way to react, Jaden. I'm mad and I'm terrified."

"Terrified of what?" Jaden asked, curiosity lingering on his words.

Elyse stayed silent because she didn't want to admit  what she was truly scared of. Him. Scared for their relationship. Scared what it was truly built off of. It felt like things were falling apart one by one.

"Elyse. I didn't purposely get Tasha pregnant. And.. there's more."

'Don't tell me, you fool!' , Elyse wanted to scream.

"She's suing me. For $100,000."

Elyse threw her hands in the air and clenched her fists. How could Jaden drop such horrible news on her on Halloween, her favorite holiday and the night before her birthday?!

But then again, Elyse did choke it out of him and she wasn't really acting supportive.

Jaden, as if reading her mind, grabbed her clenched hand. "I know it seems horrible, and I know, I'm a fucking douche, but please – my mom doesn't even trust me anymore. Can you please try to understand?"