*Chapter 15*

(Double Point-Of-Views)

Chapter 15

Elyse POV

When they returned from their flight they rested, ate some spaghetti Elyse prepared and fell asleep. The time change wasn't too wide so nobody had jet lag. The next day Elyse awoke from a nightmare. Re-experiencing Jaden cheating on her. She shook the thought away and realized from her small mattress on the ground that she was the only one of her sisters up. She missed her dorm room where she had shared a room with only one person. She sighed, stood up and looked around in the dark for scrunchie. Once she found one, she pulled her hair up into a ponytail and swept her bangs away from her face. She looked down at her sisters lovingly. She couldn't let Devon get to any of them.

She stumbled to the kitchen and started searching for breakfast preparations. She brought out a carton of eggs and a package of cheese when she looked up at the clock and realized it was 3 a.m. She foolishly put the food back into the refrigerator and turned around to retreat back to her mattress. Standing there was Devon, and she jumped barely catching her scream before it flew out of her mouth. She cleared her throat. "Devon," she said. She had forgotten he spent the night. "Why are you up so early?"

"Same reason you are, couldn't sleep," he told her. He stuffed his hands into his pocket and stared at Elyse with his usual expression, a smirk. "So, now that you made your decision want to get it out of the way?"

"I haven't.. I haven't made a decision yet," Elyse swallowed. Devon looked down at her menacingly. "You won't do it. I know you won't Devon." Despite her extreme fear she took a step closer to him. "Because deep down inside of you I know that you're better than that. I know you love all our sisters and brothers and even me. I know that you care."

Something flickered in his eyes before he muttered, "Yeah, whatever bitch." He paused to look at her before he stormed back to his spot on the couch.

"Please don't do it, Devon. You're better than that," Elyse whispered and then departed back to her room to return to sleep.

Find You Somewhere

When she finally woke up for good she blindly swiped the place next to her for Jaden. Damn, he must be showering, she thought. Maybe I'll join. A grin broke out over her face before she realized the truth. The cold hard truth. It settled on her chest like a boulder, unmoving and painful. She gasped for air before the tears start spilling down her cheeks. He cheated on her. He didn't love her. He loved Stella. He broke his promise.

She wiped her eyes and tried to erase her mind of all thoughts of him but it didn't work. So she curled back in a ball on her bed and just let the tears caress her face.

Jaden POV

Jaden was in Alister at 7 a.m. since he had left at early. He hoped to make it to Elyse's before she did something she regretted. He rented a car and drove to her house. It was raining and he had rehearsed in his head a billion times what he would tell her. By the time he had pulled up to her house he was nervous and was frantic to see her again. He decided on calling her first. He called once and she didn't answer. Then he called again, and on the fifth ring she picked up. "Jaden," she sounded tired, "what do you want?"

Jaden took a deep rattling breath. "Come outside, please."

"Y-you're here?"

Jaden said yes.

"Go back home, you're wasting your time."

"Elyse, please come outside." He must've sounded pretty desperate because Elyse sighed and said okay. A second later, Elyse with a hoodie came out of the house. He held the promise ring in his hand and it felt as heavy as a rock. He remembered the article he read earlier online about Elyse dumping him to go live back with her family. The paparazzi had asked and he had merely said she was spending her birthday weekend over in Alister. He didn't want to let them know about the break-up unless it was official.