*Chapter 20*

Chapter 20

Elyse POV

After the four hour flight, Elyse was ready to go to Jaden’s and take a nap. On the jet Elyse had gorged herself on the Chinese buffet. It was delicious, but left Elyse even groggier. Jaden had to wake her up by yelling and shaking her roughly when the plane landed.

“Guess where we are?” he had asked.

Now, Elyse was in Jaden’s car with his long-time-no-see chauffer Henry. Elyse fell asleep on the comfortable spot on Jaden’s lap in the back, when she reached his house Elyse suddenly recalled Jaden’s promise. “Aye! Just remembered, don’t forget to go get a checkup with your doctor.”

“Whatever, I’ll schedule an appointment tomorrow.

“Can’t you just walk up in a celebrity doctor’s office?” Elyse asked, genuinely confused.

Jaden laughed. “No, it’s just like the doctor you or anybody else have.”

“I don’t have a doctor,” Elyse whispered. If she did, wouldn’t he have noticed that she was not a virgin by 12? If he did, would she be forced to relay her encounter with Jake, the college student? Elyse shuddered, imagining the feel of latex gloves being snapped on, cold hands steadying her and probing inside of her with sharp tools and shining bright lights in her eyes. . . . It wasn’t a pleasant thought.

“Ah,” Jaden said, getting out of the car and heading to the back. His pants were hanging loosely, sagging slightly and showing his brown Calvin Klein undies. On anybody else, it was disgusting, really. Did you forget your belt at home, because that shit’s nasty, but on Jaden, it was attractive. Elyse reached and pinched his right ass cheek. “Care to pull up your pants?” She asked.

Jaden laughed. “Calm down, shawty, I was about to.”

He pulled up his pants all the way to his abdomen, Steve Urkel style. “Dude,” Elyse said. She watched as he picked up her suitcase, his forehead glistening with sweat, his eyes shut tight, and his jaw tight with concentration. The suitcase was too heavy for him.

“Don’t you have people to do these things for you?” Elyse asked. She was scared of denting Jaden’s pride by taking the suitcase from him once again.

“Uh, I have Jackson, or Marietta, or Carla, or maybe-.”

“Then why aren’t they doing it?”

“C’mon, Elyse, it’s two bags, not so hard,” Jaden said. He set the suitcase on the ground and picked the toiletry bag up next. This dude was determined not to admit he was too weak to carry any of her stuff. So Elyse let him contain his pride, for now. She wouldn’t let it go too far.

“So, you got plans for tomorrow?” Jaden asked.

“Uh, I just got home, was I supposed to?”

“Well, now you do,” he told her with a smile. “We’re going to do some fun shit tomorrow.”

“The beach!?” Elyse shrieked.

Jaden shrugged. “Can be on the way.”

Elyse began to dance happily. The beach was one of her favorite places in Cala. One, because there was no beach in Alister, and two she loved the feeling of sand between her toes, the smell of salt water and the happy memories the setting gave her.

“But I gotta hang with ZenZen and Jenny sometime this week, they my bitches,” Elyse let him know.

“I’m cool with it, I gotta hang with Mateo and Moises, I’ve been around you too much,” Jaden said, reaching out and poking Elyse’s small dimple in her right cheek.