*Chapter 18*

Chapter 18

Elyse POV

Jaden and Elyse didn't have sex that night. Instead they spent the night watching old movies and talking like they used to. Sure, there was kissing. Sure there was cuddling, but nothing closer to sex than that. Elyse noticed things were a lot different, since Jaden was being honest with her, and she felt as if he were really speaking to her about things, not Mateo or Moises or Zendaya. Her. And now she could be honest, not that she'd never been. They even made a game out of it. Answer any question I ask you and then I have to answer any question you ask me.

"Ookay. Uh, how about. . . do you. . . like-like Miguel?" Jaden asked, staring at the TV as if this question didn't interest him at all, but Elyse knew it was a different case. She cuddled in closer to Jaden and laid her head on his chest. She could hear his heart thumping softly in his chest and she sighed in content.

What was this, fourth grade? Like-like? But it made Jaden seem cute in a not-so grown up way, and it made Elyse want to kiss him. "No. He's just a really good mentor to me, and he kind of inspires me, but I mean, I don't know him that well." 

"Awe," Jaden said bluntly. Elyse rolled her eyes.

"My turn. Okay, so if you could date any celebrity who would it be?"

"You're asking another celebrity this?" Jaden clarified.

"Mhm," Elyse hummed.

"Okay. I guess. . . nobody I really know, but Megan Fox. Or maybe Keke Palmer, or maybe just-."

"Hm, I get it now," Elyse said, raising a questioning eyebrow.

"Right. "

They shared a look before exploding into laughter. Elyse patted his chest. "Do you think about that often?"

"What?"

"Like, if you weren't with me, what celebrity would you be with?" The question came from the top of Elyse's head, but she didn't mean to say that indignantly. 

Jaden shook his head. "I've never thought of that. I guess I've always figured there would be no one else without you."

A grin overtook Elyse's face as she kissed his cheek. "You're kind of sweet. But really corny. It's good."

"Just call me Mr.Romantic," Jaden said with a clichéd goofy voice.

"Please," Elyse huffed and sat upright. Later that night she fell asleep in Jaden's strong arms thinking of if she'd be with George then if she weren't with Jaden.  

But she knew, she knew when she met him that there was something special about him and being with George wouldn't compare to it.

Find You Somewhere

The next morning Elyse heard the shower running, she wiped the crust from her eyelids and headed to her duffel bag and unzipped it. She pulled out today's outfit and figured she'd break the news about returning with Jaden to her family in person. Right after she spent the day with George and Sari. She wasn't putting it off, more like rescheduling it to a more appropriate time. Elyse concealed a smile when Jaden came out of the shower.

He came from behind her and gave her a slightly damp hug. "You're getting me wet!" Elyse shrieked and turned around.

Jaden's eyes were smoldering into hers when Elyse looked up and she got lost in them for a second. He bent down, his towel loosely draped around his lower body, his chest shining from the recent shower and kissed her. Elyse didn't even think about how she still had morning breath, just enjoyed the sweet taste of his lips. When he pulled away she was dazed.