Chapter Nineteen

TW: spicey spice spice. also... for this scene if you listen to "whisper of a thrill" by thomas newman from the meet joe black soundtrack... this scene will all make sense

They ended up making it to Figure Eight and up the Tannyhill driveway in what seemed like a second. Time to Julia was passing by quicker and was probably due to the shock of it all. The whole fucked up situation and how fucked and broken the Cameron family was. Poor Sarah and Wheezie, she thought... their family ripped apart in one swift cut of the knife that Ward held. Julia sat behind Rafe in the backseat and as soon as he parked, he jumped out to get her door and unbuckled her. "Can you walk?" He asked, as her body shook with trembles every second or so. Rafe scooped Julia up in his arms and took her inside his home. The Tannyhill mansion seemed hollow and cold now without as many bodies and personalities to fill it. It was so quiet you could hear both sounds of Rafe and Julia inhaling and exhaling. His strong arms supported her body and he brought Julia to her room upstairs... Her room where she expected the summer to be filled with superficial parties and maybe a makeout or two with a cute boy and to be spent at the beach with her mother. Getting to know another part of her family... Not in-love with the prodigal son of a man who was royally fucked in the head. In-love. Even in her shocked state, she knew what she was feeling towards the man that settled her small frame on her bed. He cared. He may not voice it in a romantic gesture like Mr. Darcy's speech to Elizabeth, but he showed it in different ways. Julia had never been in love. Sure, she had infatuations but never this all consuming feeling of obsession and wanting. Wanting to be with him, despite the possible repercussions. Wanting to be near him, to touch him, to kiss him, to show him the love that he did deserve... Her mother said that love was like the other person seeing and knowing your soul... Julia knew the darkest parts of Rafe and yet, still wanted to be with him.

Her mother.

Julia finally shook herself out of her mind, and brought herself back to the reality that she was living in. Where was her mother? Had she known what was going on? Was she going to the Bahamas? Was she already there? Frantically, she started to pat herself down to look for phone to call her. "My phone," She muttered, standing up like a weak baby deer and stumbling to look around her room. "Rafe, my phone." She said exasperatedly. Rafe came to her to grasp her shoulders carefully and turn Julia to him and away from her searching.

"I don't know where your phone went." He stated firmly. Julia nodded, pushing both of her hands through her hair, sucking her teeth.

"I need to call my mom... What-What if she's hurt or if she's in on all this-" Julia was getting more panicked by the second. As her hands roamed into her hair, she felt something wet. Pulling her hand out, she looked at her fingers that were coated in a wet red substance. She bit her lip and put her hands to her head again to feel for wherever she was cut. There, her fingers found a small slice from when her head possibly hit the window when Rafe smashed into them. She winched at the touch, Rafe grabbing her hand to pull away from her wound, him looking at the blood on her hands.

"Fuck, when did you hit your head?" He growled out in frustration that she was not only emotionally hurt from the situation but physically as well. "I'll call your mom." He soothed, as he knew that was the next thing to come out of her mouth. He wrapped his arm around her and started to lead her to the bathroom. "You need to clean up... I'll try to smooth over the mess with your mom." He said, as they stepped into the bathroom together. Julia nodded, turning to him with wet eyes.

"I want to talk to her," She whined.

"Not a good idea given..." Rafe nodded to her head, Julia reaching up to touch the spot again before Rafe grabbed her hand to stop her. "Don't touch it." He said sternly, to which Julia complied. As he was about to let go of her hand... he gazed at her wrist and up her arms. Seeing the marks his father had left on her skin. Bruised skin was coming to the surface and indents of where his hands had been. His nostrils started to flare and his chest rose and fell faster; the anger was written all over his face. "He did this?" His brows raised, Rafe clenching his jaw and grinding his teeth to hold back the scream he wanted to make. "I should've done more to the bastard," He seethed with pure rage. How on a flip of a coin he changed how he felt towards the man that raised him. All he wanted from Ward was his love... realizing he'd never get it and that Ward didn't deserve Rafe's loyalty... Ward was now Rafe's number one enemy.

him & i ↠ rafe cameronजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें