Chapter Ten

꒦꒷꒷꒦︶ TW: spicy spice

"Rafe!" Julia whispered louder than she wanted. Rafe's eyes were closed, but then they opened when she spoke. She had pulled the covers up to her chin to conceal her thin tank top. He was still dressed in his dress shirt, his bow tie basically hanging off. Julia peered past him. At least he shut the door, she thought. "What are you doing in my room?! What time is it?!" She barked in a hushed whisper, annoyed at his special appearance in her room.

"Your room?" He whispered back at her with a laugh. Julia could smell the alcohol on his breath. "My house, remember?" He stated, "If we're being technical," He slurred his words slightly, "This is also my room," He let out a grin. Julia pushed his shoulder down to remove him from her eye level, even in his drunken state; he was an ass.

"Whatever," She responded. "Answer my question." Her words were more firm. She was gazing at him, as he gazed at her with lazy-sleep driven eyes.

"We need to talk." He finally said after a few moments, sitting up to lean back into the array of pillows. Julia sat up also, dragging the comforter with her, thinking it was some sort of protection.

"Okay?" Julia drawled out, her brows raised in confusion. "Like right now? At 3AM?" She asked in a sarcastic tone. Again, silence between them. Just the sound of the ceiling fan making its rotations and the small patter of the rainstorm outside on the window. The blonde could hear his breathing, as the man sitting up next to her suddenly stood and began to pace her room slowly. Her eyes followed him back and forth as the moonlight from her plantation shutters illuminated his frame.

Rafe was definitely drunk and she bet on him being high as well. What could he possibly have to say to her? "Where do I start?" He started off, blowing air from his mouth before tugging his bow-tie off and tossing it to the ground. He put both hands on the back of his neck and he looked up to the ceiling. "I'm sorry for yelling at you tonight." He started off, turning to Julia who still sat on her bed. She could see from here that his pupils were big and black. Her eyes looked down to avoid his face... she didn't know if his intoxicated words held any sort of truth. Rafe still paced the room, "Uh, I don't even know what to do with you, Jules. What to say to you..." He breathed out, turning to her and putting his hands palm down on the bottom of her bed. "Look at me," He commanded and stupidly, Julia looked up.

"What to do with me?" Julia questioned. "Whats that supposed to mean?" Her voice held confusion and a little fear.

Rafe pushed with his hands back off the bed to begin pacing again. "When I first saw you, when you came here... I knew you were trouble." His pacing became slower, glancing over to her in between his words. "You are in my head, Jules." He confessed, with almost a sigh of relief. "You are always on my fucking mind and I can't get you out," He faced her, stopping in his tracks. Julia's breath caught, her heart beating fast. She was on his mind? Julia was perplexed by his revelation as he gave her such mixed signals. Her hazel eyes were locked on his steel ones, they just stared each-other . Julia could think of nothing to say, she was wordless. Her teeth bit on her bottom lip, Rafe approached her to sit in front of her. His ringed index finger came to her bottom lip and tugged it slowly free from her teeth, letting his finger linger on her bottom lip a little too long. "You don't even know what you do to me," He growled lowly, his jaw clenching as his eyes bore a hole through her. Julia stiffened as Rafe pulled her covers down, grabbing her hands. "See, what I do to you," He said, looking at her bleeding thumbs that she had been picking under the covers.

Julia peered up to him, pulling her hand back from his. "You don't make me do that...I-I mean right now you are, because you make me nervous." Julia stammered. "I don't what I did to make you..." She paused trying to find the right words. "To make you so frustrated, angry.." She muttered, finally looking away from him. Her heart felt like it was going to beat out of her chest.