Chapter 59

As Rosa's menacing gaze cut into Armand, his cries instantly dropped to a low whimper. The man's bluster cooled considerably. She was almost disappointed in how soon he cracked under pressure. It hadn't taken much to convince him to betray his fellow accomplices. Apparently, their lives were only worth a fraction of his pinky finger.

He sang like a biddable bird, "Th-There are four of us total. Two are disguised as catering staff. The remaining two are with the cleaning crew."

"What do your friends look like?"

Armand described them in detail. Hair color. Eye color. Skin color. Age. Gender.

Amber eyes narrowed. "Anyone else I should know about?"

"Non."

"Are you all armed?"

"Oui."

Rosa scowled. Guns were always an inconvenience. Knowing that these fuckers would be capable of blowing out someone's brains—namely, hers—was a bit of a mood killer. Still scowling, she shoved her free hand into the man's pockets.

"What the hell!" the man protested as he tried to squirm away.

"Do not fucking move."

He froze obediently. "Sorry."

Rosa found his phone and yanked it out. "This must be confiscated in case you try to contact your friends. I hope you understand."

"You do not like to leave loose ends, do you?"

"Well, I cannot have you ratting me out, can I? Either give me your phone. Or I will remove your tongue along with your fingers. The choice is yours."

"The way you operate," he grumbled, "is kind of terrifying."

She smiled at his compliment. "Thank you. Now, tell me, what is your passcode?"

In reluctant tones, the man rattled off the digits. She inputted them one by one, and the phone unlocked. As Rosa scrolled through his messages, she took note of every promising detail that might help her cause. Details—including the last five people he'd been in texting and calling, the contents of their discusssions, and his name. She didn't find anything about Angelina, but the man's phone still proved to be a treasure trove of intel.

"You go by... Armand Percy?"

"Oui."

Rosa kept scrolling through his damning texts. "Looks like you and your friends have been planning to raise hell at this wedding for quite some time."

Armand taunted, "There is nothing you can do to stop us. Everyone who is meant to die today—will die."

A chill crept over her skin. "Are you referring to the Vitales?"

"Oui."

"What about the bride and groom?"

"They will burn in hell."
"Who else?"

"Massera and his men."

Rosa wasn't surprised to learn that Cristiano had landed himself on this particular hit list—the bastard possessed a talent for pissing people off—but her heart gave an extra heavy thud of fear, nonetheless. She was supposed to be focusing on Angelina. But this shit felt too critical to ignore. Somehow, Rosa needed to find a way to save everyone. Especially Cristiano. No one was allowed to put a bullet in her man. Except her, of course.

Rosa coughed. "How are you going to kill them?"

"Poison."

"How do I know you are not lying?"