𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

"You can't just punch walls, Nat." You were slightly mad over her injured knuckles while aiding it. Natasha had to listen to all your complaints since the moment she stepped into your mom's house after a long day at work. Oh, and she punched the wall after you left her office this morning — you bribed her to tell you why but she didn't budge.

She smirked, arching an eyebrow at you. "Concerned?"

You paused, not looking at her. "Ugh!" You gave a light squeeze on her hand and she closed her eyes in pain. "The nerve of you to even ask that! Of course, I am."

"Why are you yelling?" She had an amused smile on her face which you ignored.

"I'm not!" You defend, glaring at her for a second which she chuckled at pointing her point.

"You are, and for the record, for someone as a normal assistant like you, you know too damn much, like how you suddenly know how to fix my hand, you should've become a doctor instead." She commented, and this time you stopped and looked at her who was sitting in front of you on the couch with a smug smile that you wanted to slap out off of her face.

"Nat, may I remind you that I have six brothers plus my father, and trust me when I say they're all hard-headed, always getting themselves hurt!" You rolled your eyes for all the times you had to fix either what part of their body or to mend their broken hearts.

"Dramatic," she scoffed at you, which made you gap at her.

"Mind you," you replied, wrapping up her hand then you stood up after to go wash yours, but Natasha had other plants as she wrapped her arms around your waist and pulled you onto her, your body flushed on hers like a conjoined twin (that's so weird if the author put it like that).

"Nat!" You squirmed, but instead, she shoved her face on your back, resting it.

"Mmm?" She hummed in return too tired to form a word.

"What are you doing?" You asked, still locked in that position, but you didn't get any response, so you took the liberty to move her arms away so you could turn and see what she was doing.

Her eyes were closed, breaths going in and out evenly, she was slowly falling asleep and she didn't have the energy to go upstairs, and you couldn't carry her. So, you made yourself comfortable on the couch, then pulled her to your side so she could rest her head on your chest, as she curled up into a ball. She hummed again but in satisfaction, as your fingers found their way to her hair, threading it as sleep took over her body.

"Good night, Ms. Red," you whispered. "Sweet dreams, my love." You added after you made sure she was asleep and that she didn't hear it because for sure she's only gonna tease you about how corny you are, which was fine by the way 'cause you are corny and delusional.

As the day went by, Natasha fell harder than you thought, because every day when she got a chance she'd steal a kiss from your lips, whether in a dark room, in her office, or an empty elevator when some people stepped out and the doors closed behind them just leaving the both of you — but this time it's different. Just before the doors of the elevator closed, a hand came through it, pausing, and then the door opened again, you were smiling, but then you cleared your throat and stepped a few meters from Natasha as the figure came in.

"Hi, babe," your heart stopped the moment you heard the voice. Haley.

"Oh! Hey," Natasha smiled, eyeing up her fiacée. "You didn't tell me you were coming?"

"You know me," her voice was laced with honey. "I love to surprise you." She whispered in Natasha's ear, glancing at you for a moment while she did it.

When Natasha pressed a kiss on Haley's cheek she was still looking at you. "Why is she here?" Haley asked, eyeing you up and down making you feel small but instead, you rolled your eyes at her.