𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

"Y/N, wait, where are you going?" She followed you out into the street and you continued to walk.

"That should have never happened," you muttered under your breath, letting yourself be angry to what you did — what she did.

"Come back here," she demanded but you weren't listening. "Hey!"

You were too busy with your thoughts that you forgot about the fact that you were in the street of Manhattan with freaking cars everywhere, until you tripped.

"Fuck," you hissed, as you were sure you sprained your ankle again. You picked up your high heels and attempted to stand up but you couldn't.

"You are very stubborn," Natasha scolded as she bend over, resting her palm on her kness while you look up at her.

"Go away," you shooed her, making her smile in amusement.

"C'mon," she offered you her hand but it took you a while to accept it since you were eyeing her in a I don't need your help look. "Take my hand and I'll take you home," she added, smiling softly.

And so, you accepted it. Not willingly.

"Nope," you shook your head once you were up and started to walk again, but only this time you were limping.

Natasha sighed exasperatedly at your stubborness. "What now?" She complained.

"I'm going to take the subway, you don't need to take me home, Ms. Romanoff. I can take care of myself on my own," you retorted, slightly whimpering as the pain kicks in.

"Says the one who got her ankles sprained, again," she teased, making you look back at her.

"I am very tipsy," you stated, throwing one of your shoe and she dodge it. "Now, stop following me or I'll report you to the police,"

"I'm your boss," she resoned and you threw the other pair, but this time she managed to catch it.

"It doesn't matter, it's not office hours," you retorted quickly, turning once more and walked straight to the stairs.

"This high heels are very expensive," she half-yelled after you but you didn't respond.

You could still feel her following from behind as you sat down inside the train, and she of course sat down opposite you, not letting you off her sight until she can make sure that you were home safely.

She offered you a soft smile and you rolled your eyes.

"Go home," you mouthed.

"I can't," she replied same manner as you are.

Without a care in the world you just sat there confidently as people watch you with their eyes, judging you since you looked like a mess that came from the cemetary.

The whole way home, Natasha watched you fade in and out since you didn't want to sleep and you were too damn stubborn to seat next to her, but that's okay, she's your boss and it should stay that way, right?

"I can carry you if you want," she suggested, following from behind you.

"No, thanks," you replied politely. "You should go now, I'm almost home."

"Two blocks away from home," she clarified and you groaned.

You stopped and turned to look at her.

"What do I have to do to make you stop following me?" You asked.

"Nothing," she answered. "I'll follow you until you reach your house—"

"Why?" You cut her off.

"Because it's my responsibility to make sure that my employees got home safely," she answered professionally and you waved it off.

"Okay."

"Okay? Are you letting me call my driver now?" She asked and you shook your head.

"No, I said okay you can follow me, c'mon keep walking." You clapped your hands three times trying to lighten up the mood, but it seemed like you did that to make yourself more awake.

Natasha smiled with an eye roll.

"Child," she mumbled under her breath before deciding to walk next to you.

"Do you really do this to every employee you have?" You dumbfoundedly asked.

"Yes," she lied, of course she did, would you be okay with it of she said no? Would you be okay when you know you're recieving a special treatment from your boss? No — slightly yes.

"How many employee do you have?" You asked again and she couldn't help but to smile at how you were acting or your way to keeping yourself awake.

"I don't know," Natasha shrugged. "They're too many."

"Okay," you quickly replied.

About a minute or two, you suddenly furrowed your eyebrows when you remembered something.

"Nat— I mean, Ms. Romanoff," you cleared your throat as she hummed in response. "You do have a girlfriend, right? Or was it fiancée? It's fiancée, right? I think it's--"

"Yes, Y/N, finacée," she cuts you off since she knew you were starting to ramble, although she finds it cute.

"Right..." You trailed off, while you think back why you brought the topic. "Oh, right!" you added more lively, "why'd you kiss me then?" You furrowed your eyebrows as you looked at her.

It took a while for her to response since she had nothing to say, no reason why she kissed you.

"I have no idea," she replied.

"What? You don't know?" You smiled absently, "that's so silly," you giggled all by yourself as you playfully hit her arm. "How do you not know?" She was silent, waiting for you to calm down from your high and when you did, and realized it, you frowned, "oh, that's so messed up."

"I know," she agreed.

"We should stop doing it then," you abruptly added, making her look at you with unknown feelings.

"Why?" She almost stuttered — she never stutters — making you think.

"Hmm, because you are dating someone and you are kissing me, you can't have two, that's called cheating," you explained a very reasonable one.

"No, that's called polygamy," you glared at what she said, though she was just joking.

"You are dumb," you spat. "Polygamy is being married to more than one, you and I are not married we are hooking up while you have a fiancée, that's cheating," you added firmly, but she already knows that, she was only messing around but it seemed like you were serious about it.

"Okay, then, we should stop if that's what you want," she replied confidently knowing that you'll forget about this when you wake up in the morning. She's not dumb, genius actually.

"Deal?" You pulled out your hand for her to shake.

"Deal," she agreed, and you sweetly smiled at her.

"Thank you, oh, and look we're here," you point out, looking over her shoulder to your house.

"Good night then," she stated.

"Good night and no hooking up, boss," you pointed at her and she nodded along with a smile.

"No hooking up," she clarified giving you a cheeky grin.

╚⏤⏤⏤╗ ⧗ ╔⏤⏤⏤╝