𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Tomorrow did come — este Natasha did come, and she's outside your Dad's porch entertained by your youngest sibling, Nathan, who was running late for school. And you just woke up five minutes ago and the house is on fire, boys running around in their undies as if they're not in their thirties, loud noises coming from upstairs, yet you found yourself hiding away a smile. You missed this, there's no denying that family noise is one of the best memories you could ever think of, it's the kind that when it becomes too quiet all you want is their overlaying voice and chaos, and you'd never get tired of it. It's true though, this house may not feel like home but the people in it are so...

"Quiet!" You yelled, playing the mother role as always. "Wash your hands, so you can join me at the table." Glaring specifically at your two brothers who just stopped chasing each other, which were Leo and Cam. Jere was cooking. Johnny was upstairs. Nathan was still at the door with Natasha, and you had no idea that she was here. And Jackson, the eldest is nowhere to be found.

"Nathan, move your ass from the door, it's just mail!" You yelled again, after having a mental head count on your brothers at the table.

"It's not mail," He came into view with a smile on his face.

"Then what—" You didn't have to finish what you were about to ask since you immediately recognized the girl behind her.

Staring at her for a minute, you suddenly cleared your throat and stood up so you could invite her in. "Uhm, this is Nat— Miss Romanoff, she's my boss." You stated with a stoic look.

"What's she here for?" Leo asked who was still shirtless.

"Work," You responded, no more no less.

"She's here for work?" Leo arched an eyebrow as he slowly shared a look with Cameron and you rolled your eyes at it.

"Yes she is, now she's here for breakfast," walking back to your seat, you saw a glare from Jere, "What? I'm being generous," you whispered to him.

"My mouth is zipped," he replied. As if!

A few moments or so, you were just getting comfortable in your seat at the table while Natasha got to chitchat with one of your brothers, when all of a sudden the main door made a loud thud, indicating that your eldest brother was home.

"Where have you been?" You started, as you looked at him who stopped by at the opening of the kitchen from the hallway. "I've been looking—"

"Hospital bills," he answered plainly, looking around the table before he decided to head for the fridge.

"And...?" You trailed off, eyes still on him. He didn't answer, only then did you realize that the whole house fell into silence the moment he walked in.

He leaned against the kitchen counter. "I need a hundred bucks," he gulped down the orange juice, clenching his jaw as he met eyes with you.

You held eye contact for a minute or two before looking down at your food, suddenly deciding that something was interesting about the bacon and eggs on your plate.

"Well...?" It was his turn to ask. Asking for something you can give and he knows it, you're just—, "Are you thinking twice?" He furrowed his eyebrows, taking a few steps near the dining table as if he could read minds.

"Sure," you stated hesitantly but you didn't want to seem like you were.

"Okay, be right down," he quipped as he went to his room upstairs, and the chaos continued again.

"Whose at the hospital?" Natasha was slightly raising her voice now so you could hear, and you did, but you weren't fast enough to give her an answer before your other brother was talking again.

"I need a few bucks too. It saw something I saw for a job... you know." He stated and you arched an eyebrow at Leo.

"Okay," You replied and the corners of his lips turned upwards and smiled.

You were about to bite the toast when one of them started talking again. "The Dean was asking for my tuition for the last three months, I was wondering if..." Nathan trailed off, already looking at you.

"I'll transfer it to your account later, okay?" You stated to your little brother and he mouthed a 'thank you'

Not long after, Cameron cleared his throat, making you look at him, but when he couldn't meet your eyes, you could tell that he wanted to say something.

"Just say it," you encouraged him and he straightened a bit on his chair.

He looks at all the people that were in the room and then at you as if taking his time. "It's about the house bill... The shop went short these last few months so — I'm sorry, can you take care of it, just for this time?" He stated apologetically.

You closed your eyes, already frustrated, but you didn't make it visible. You were embarrassed, extremely, especially when you saw how Natasha was looking at you, those pitiful eyes! So taking in a few deep breaths, you nodded. "The shop is always short." You muttered to yourself, before adding. "Yeah, sure, I'll cover it up. Now, can we please eat?" You requested and all of them nodded.

Just as those words left your mouth, the sound of a crying baby was slowly approaching and you sighed when you saw your other brother in panic, knowing nothing how to work with babies.

"John, make her shut up." You complain a bit too harshly, glaring at him and he swallowed thickly.

"I don't know how, she just started crying, and couldn't stop," He complained nervously.

"She's eating her thumb, she's hungry." You point out dramatically, he looks down to the baby in his arms. He knows nothing about babies and he's also broke.

"She doesn't have any food left, her bottle has been empty since last night." His look became guilty, mainly his eyes on you.

You were getting pissed by these behaviors and you haven't had a proper breakfast since you came home and somehow none of them understood that.

Natasha was looking at you the whole time and she knew that you were tired. She wanted to take you out from here and relieve you from all the stress, but how can she? When she's also one of your sources of stress.

But then, "How about I take care of her for now, and you go buy her food and things that she needs." Out of the blue, your boss spoke up, smiling at your Johnny who was now crying along with the baby in his arms. Natasha stood up from the table and took out a few dollars from her pockets before handing it to Johnny. His eyes widened at the offer as he looked back at you and you shook your head, but when Natasha took the baby and shoved the money in your brother's chest, your brother had no choice but to take it as you closed your eyes in disapproval.

"I — thank you so much, Miss Romanoff." Johnny smiled respectfully.

Natasha who was now busy with the baby, eyes fixated on it and she just nodded. "Oh, no, no, it's the least I can do," She ushered out, and with that he was out of the door.

Natasha took the baby out after that, same as all of your brothers, except for Jere who stayed to clean up the mess in the kitchen, leaving you with a peaceful yet lonely meal of the day.

╚⏤⏤⏤╗ ⧗ ╔⏤⏤⏤╝