𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

You couldn't quite understand what happened the past few months, but you were glad to say that it was at ease, well, for the most part at least. You continued working at the company, and you've grown so much since the first time you came; although you were assigned to a different field, that still didn't keep your mind off of what happened that night - the last time you've ever talked to your boss - though it didn't bother you much anymore, it still reminds you somehow when she walks past you or you caught a glimpse of red hair somewhere, and sometimes you wonder if she's also thinking the same way.

"What the hell is going on with you?!" A girl was practically running behind someone as they both strolled their way to a more private part of the building. "Is this about her?!"

Somewhere along in that said private part of the building, you were unfortunately in it, having a phone call, but it was cut short when you heard people screaming, having no idea who they were. But as you eavesdrop further, you cursed yourself for even wanting to know who they were.

"What?" It came from Natasha's voice, hearing them both stop at a halt from somewhere.

"Oh, don't act like you don't know who I'm talking about," Haley, her fiancée, replied.

You had to be quiet, but for some reason, you found yourself hiding behind an empty table, trying your best to hide but at the same time watching as the scene unfolded.

Natasha scoffed, "What does she have to do with everything that's happening?"

"A lot," Haley responded. "And since she stopped being around you, you've been acting like I wasn't even here anymore - like I just vanished like she did."

"Why are you getting so insecure?"

Haley scoffed. "I'm not and I don't, I'm just pointing out the fact that your little breakup with her is affecting you more than it should've."

"Affecting me? Shouldn't it be you?! You're the one who's always pushing me with these things—"

"I'm not pushing you, I'm asking!"

"Then ask properly," Natasha nonchalantly suggested, probably knowing Haley wouldn't do it anyway.

There was a long unbearing pause in their argument, giving each other short glances from time to time as the other tried to think of what to say next, and the longer you stared at the both of them, it seemed as though your breathing picked up, knowing what you're doing is bad and it will get you fired at some point — if they find out you were here with them.

The usual thought then spiraled into your mind, and you hated it, it was a thought that made you hate yourself more than anyone has ever had. The sense of guilt crawls its way back into your body, eating you alive as you realize it was your fault.

"It's all my fault," you whispered under your breath, "they're fighting because of me."

All of a sudden, right about when they began to walk away, your phone vibrated, and your heart dropped as a ringtone followed; picking your phone up, the screen lit up, which gave a silhouette under the table you were hiding.

Dad. It read.

Closing your eyes. Breaths in. Then out.

"I know you're under the table," Natasha's usual bossy tone came ringing inside your ears.

"Fuck you, Dad, for giving me away," you muttered, declining the call.

"If you're playing hide and seek then it's over," she strolled closer and your heart beat faster. "Come out!" She yelled. Of course, you didn't want to, you'd be dead if you came out. You'd be dead either way. "Tsk," you heard her sigh, yet you continued to close your eyes.