𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

"There's a crib upstairs, you know." Joining Natasha at the bench outside in the backyard, she looked at you and smiled.

"I tried, but she cries when I let go of her," she replied while soothing the baby's back and letting them doze off to sleep on her shoulder.

With your eyes closed, you hummed in response, and Natasha arched her eyebrow at you. "Why are you here?" You asked.

"I don't know," her words came out like a whisper, hiding something, "just taking some time off from work."

Opening your eyes so you could look at her, "That's not what you said on the phone yesterday, and I don't trust you."

She smirked. "Oh, yeah, what did I say yesterday on the phone?"

Squinting your eyes at her, she was starting to flirt again, you just know when there's a playful look in her eyes, a smirk on her lips, and her voice near to a whisper. "You said, you were running away."

"Did I say from who?" She was indeed whispering this time, eyes traveling from your eyes and then slowly to your lips. With your heart beating in your chest, a lump forming in your throat, mouth slowly drying, as your lips parted slightly, just enough for her lips too — Este, for you to breathe out. Then she smirks again, leaning in this time to close the gap between the both of you —

Wait! She just fired you!

You begin to realize, blinking one time as you glared at her, "You fired me," you're the one whispering now, another realization hitting you again, and this time, you reached for the back of her head and grabbed a handful of red hair in the palm of your hand, and pulled it backward before standing up from the bench. "You bitch! You fired me!"

"Ow," she whimpered at your sudden movement, her other hand now soothing the back of her head where you just pulled her hair.

"Oh, the balls!" You gritted your teeth, inhaling a deep breath. "Natasha, fuck you."

"Gladly," she found the situation amusing, making you just want to punch her face but you couldn't since the baby was still asleep in her arms.

"Oh, my god! You are so annoying and frustrating... I cried for more than a week in my room just because you fired me, and now you're here flirting with me and... Oh, no," you paused realizing another thing, "you're taking advantage of me, aren't you? Now that I'm not your employee, you can just do whatever you want to me, like... like following me out here like a fucking creep and a weirdo. I'm not safe! Why am I even alone with you—"

"Shh, shh," Natasha finally cut in.

"What are you—"

"Shh shut up," she pressed a finger on your lips, and you furrowed your eyebrows at her. "I'm not doing any of that, I'm not a pervert, nor a weirdo, nor a creep, I'm just me. Now will you shut up before you wake your niece, 'cause it's really hard to shush her. Alright?" She glared at you and you nodded your head.

Averting your eyes from her to look at the back door being opened by Johnny now holding a bottle. "Good, you're finally here, now feed your baby so Natasha can leave."

"Aren't you feeding Natasha too, after all, she's also your baby," Jere slightly yelled from the kitchen window, and you gaped at him. "Right... Keeping my mouth shut now." And since Natasha was still facing you, she made sure you didn't miss the smirk on her face.

"I'll take her from here, thank you." Johnny picked up the baby from Natasha's arms, lightly poking it to wake her up so he could feed her.

Going back inside, Jere insisted on keeping Natasha just for maybe half of the day since he couldn't get you to agree with him.

"You can't stay here," You stated, watching Natasha as she sipped her coffee. "You saw how chaotic we are, so no we are not taking you in."

"Hey, sis, calm down, it's not like you're the head of the house," Jere meant it as a joke which you gave to him only to be snapped back at later.

"I pay the bills, it's my house," you retorted, face stoic as you looked at him before glaring back at Natasha, "Anyway, you can't."

"Even if I stay on the couch?" She negotiated.

"No,"
"Yes,"

Jere and you stated at the same time which made you glare at him again, making him pull the final thread as he knew immediately that he was out of the conversation and out of the room.

Sighing, "Can you be honest with me?" You questioned and Natasha listened. "Just this one time." Squinting your eyes at her. "Why are you here, Natasha?"

She took her time to form an answer even if it wasn't needed as she already knew the answer to that question she had rehearsed it even before she came here. "My place got leaked."

"Leaked? What do you mean by that?"

"Yesterday, when I answered your call, they detected my location, and this morning they were out by the door so I had to go somewhere they don't already know," she explained.

"Why'd answer the call then, if it'd put you in trouble?"  You asked again and this time she shrugged, she was unsure of her answer, never in her life did she expect to be so caught up by anyone, especially to a girl like you.

With a deep breath, "I thought you were in trouble and needed my help, so I answered the phone just to make sure you were fine."

Looking at her, searching for something in her eyes that tells you she was lying, that she was only fooling you, just something to prove that she's a liar, something to push her away, to give you a reason for her not to stay, but then you end up with nothing, she was telling you the truth and you wished she didn't so it'd be easier for you to throw her away like the way she threw you off. But you were so kind, always so damn kind and giving that you'd pleased every people who have hurt you, that with the right words you know you'd cave.

Pushing it aside, "Who were the people outside of that door then?" You continued.

She paused. "Just some guards working for Anastasia's father."

"What did they want from you?"

"Can we please not go there? At least not yet," she asked. "I gave you enough reasons to keep me here, didn't I? And besides, you haven't answered my question either."

There she was again, the calm demeanor scattered all over her body as if she just didn't open up about something she surely shouldn't.

"Fair point," you added and she smiled grateful.

She took a sip of her coffee, smirking after she saw how you were staring at her, all that judgy look on your face. "What?" She arched an eyebrow, you smiled a little.

"Do you know what fine means?" You asked, never taking your eyes off of hers.

"Freaked out, Insecure, Neurotic, and Emotional." You both state at the same time, making her lips break into a smile, and somehow you noticed that every time she's with you she smiles a freaking lot.

"That's why I made sure you were fine, because if you weren't then you're not being yourself at all," Natasha added her critique, making you roll your eyes.

"What movie was it?" You changed the subject, making sure she just didn't pick the acronym somewhere around the internet or her building.

"The Italian Job (2003)," she answered again, "It was an F. Gary Gray movie."

╚⏤⏤⏤╗ ⧗ ╔⏤⏤⏤╝