Chapter 34🪻

Roseanne's pov

"Good morning, Roseanne"

A voice echoes. A too familiar voice that haunts my sleep every night and makes my heart race every time I see her face. Strange, I often think to myself, of how my body still reacts to her after what she has done.

"Knock knock," she makes another sound, her hand knocking on the imaginary door before her while her back, strong and tall, rests against the door frame. One foot in. One foot out. Half body in. Half body out.

"Anyone there?"

She asks but I reprimand myself to stay muted. That'd eventually do the trick to wipe her off my sight quickly. But being married to me must have taught her a thing or two about my tricks because instead of leaving me alone, Lisa decides to pursue her game to a new extent.

She steps into my room uninvitedly, all in that particular grey suit I love her the most in. Teasing me with her smackable grin, her midnight lock frames her face as she makes a beeline towards the half - opened window where the ray penetrates through.

Where there is a flower vase resting quietly on its brown sill.

"Ah, do you think?" She bends forward half her height to grab a stalk of wilted rose from the vase. Those roses, if I may say, were exactly from her.

Delivered to me a day after our horrendous feud. It's her way of making up with me every time we fight. I wonder how long it will take for her to finally understand that no matter how beautiful those flowers are, they still don't make up for her being an asshole.

"I beg to differ. I really think we need to change those," she puts the flower back where she took it from, then gracefully sways on her heels so that she can now be facing me.

A still, very much, silent me. Leaning her back gently against the sill now, she spreads her hand on the surface before throwing her head backward; absorbing the way the ray hits her.

I secretly wish it's the uv ray that hits her in the face.

When she lifts her head to simply gaze at me again, that punchable smirk appears once again. "I know you can talk, Roseanne" she echoes, eyes watching me lazily as I walk past her towards the cupboard with only one mission in mine; to grab that black overnight back residing on the highest compartment.

It takes me only a second to realise that I won't reach up to it no matter how high I tiptoe. "You need really long legs for that, darling" Lisa comments unnecessarily from behind. Her deft fingers dance lightly on the sill as she feasts her eyes on me.

Or rather on my ass.

I roll my eyes at that derogatory comment. Then, my brain thinks of any possible means inside the room that I can use to alleviate myself so that I can reach for the bag. Suddenly, from my peripheral vision, the square - shaped vanity bench intrudes.

Yep, I can certainly use that. My inner me shrieks with immense joy as I bend over to grab the said item however halfway into bending, I pause as Lisa's predatory eyes scan me up and down hungrily. Then I realise; I am putting my whole ass clearly on display through the short shorts I wear.

And plus, her filthy, unfiltered comment that leaves me hot in quite an unexplainable way. "I miss pumping into that ass,"

"STOP. RIGHT. THERE"

I warn her. Chuckling like it's funny, Lisa locks her brownish hue irises with mine. "Right, I know you could talk, Roseanne" her shoulders shake again as she laughs. "Shut up, Lisa. I'm silencing you. You should know that,"