Chapter 4 🌷

"That was a wonderful game,"

Seulgi Kang, one of my common friends from the aristocratic circle emerges in sweaty hair and a smile stretching up her lips.

I raise my chin at her subtly, then extend a hand for a handshake. "It was," I say formally, remembering the friendly match the Manoban had with the Kang.

Apparently, my team won against her own again this year with only a slight difference in points between us. "Speaking about Polo, I don't think I've ever seen you around again lately," I start, drying my drenched dark hair with a small towel in hand.

"I've been travelling abroad more than ever," Seulgi admits. She mouths a thank you after I've passed her another fresh towel for her to dry her own hair.

"As you know, my pop is sick and we're making preparations in case things don't go well with him and I'd have to step in," she pauses, looking lost in thoughts before something brings her back into the conversation.

A smile politely pops on her face as she nudges me with her elbow. "How about you? Anything special to share?"

"I don't think there's any," I hold the now dirty towel in my grip.

"I mean, Roseanne lost the child again, just like we lost our first one and the house is kind of at mess, because Jennie left and now thanks to her, we have cameras tailing after us; ready to snap any actions they deem as unusual and then run making unnecessary headlines about it,"

"Sounds tough," Seulgi coughs. An aid steps to supply us both with bottled drinks. I twist the cap and sip the content while Seulgi pauses.

"Kang, you don't really look like yourself," I point out and she laughs, albeit softly.

"No, it's just, I'm thinking about your sister actually. How did she have the courage to leave the firm and act as if she wasn't part of ..." she pauses, at this point shaking her head like she never gets to comprehend the idea of living.

Then, soon after that, she tilts her head and her eyes fall upon mine. "Any of us anymore," she says.

"Try get a mental illness, Kang"

I pass the empty bottle along with the dirty towel to an aid waiting. He grabs both things and passes them to another aid waiting behind him. Then, I face her entirely.

"I'm sure you'll get a free pass to the road of freedom, as Jennie always dubs it," Seulgi laughs but I do not. Instead, I ask her if she's staying until the reading after dinner.

"I'm only staying if there's a ball afterwards," I nod my head,

"Well, there is. So, will you stay now?" "Of course, Manoban. I don't wish to miss your hospitality while I'm staying here," she jokes and we discuss a few other things; mostly Polo before Roseanne's aid, who is also my aid but works for my wife appears with a worried face and I know instantly that it must have something to do with that loser of a blonde.