Chapter 31 🪻

Enjoy and don't forget to vote and drop some comments 🌼

Harin picks me up early in the morning from the hotel. Surprisingly, she has a nice black Range Rover with a beige interior and her family's crest stitched in dark brown thread on every headrest.

"Coffee for you," she passes me a delicate scented cup with a famous brand etched on it. I stare at it far longer than a minute.

"Is everything okay?" She breaks the silence. I steal a glance at her, my face totally crimson. "Um, nothing" I say with an awkward smile. "Is it the coffee?" Harin asks consciously.

"Are you allergic to this type or this brand?"

"It's none of that I believe" I smile at her. "It's just, Lisa wouldn't approve of me drinking coffee from brands like this," I shake my head as a quick memory replays in my mind.

That vague day where Lisa had slapped my face because she saw me sipping instant coffee which she has famously dubbed as not the real coffee. "Lisa wouldn't approve of anything fun," Harin simply says as she buckles herself up.

"It's just coffee, Roseanne" the woman raises her eyebrows upward in an attempt to convince me. Her hands are still behind the midnight wheel that reminds me of the colour of Lisa's hair.

"I promise you it won't give you anything except a little bit of caffeine in your blood. That'd be all,"

"Thank you," I toast the cup a bit high in the air after contemplating much and Harin looks at me. "For the coffee," I smile shyly. I am not sure why I blush easily around her.

"I bet you've gone through an arduous way to purchase it without being noticed," If anything, Harin seems to be tickled with my words. "Did I say something wrong?" I ask her when she bumps her cup lightly with mine.

"Nothing," she sips her own content. I highly suspect she's a big fan of tea because her cup doesn't smell anything like mine. "Harin..." I drag my voice and tug my eyebrows together to emphasise why.

She gives up within a second. "You have to stop looking at me like that, Roseanne," she points out. I giggle before mumbling why. Placing my own cup next to her in the cup holders between us, she says;

"Well, because I know damn well I wouldn't be able to say no to you,"

"And why is that again?"

I tease her, turning my head exactly to catch the way her cheeks would blush and Harin struggles to stop a grin from unfolding across her face. Sighing in defeat, she hits the wheel playfully with her palm. "I don't know," she lifts her shoulders, shrugging.

"Honestly, it's always so different with you around," she adds, eyes meeting mine. "I know it's a bit weird, considering we have only met a few times..."

"We have met more than a few times, Harin. Own it"

"Yes, but to converse very freely like this? I beg to differ but I am sure it's not more than 10 times, right?"

"Right" I sip the coffee again as my body shivers.

"Back to my point, I always think I feel different around you, Roseanne"

"Is it a good thing? Or a bad thing?"

"That different?" Harin asks and I nod. She ponders for a second, eyes on the still road before grinning as she turns her head to face me. "A good different I would say,"

"I'm glad," I clear my throat, put my cup back where it belongs and buckle myself up. "I think we both can agree we don't want to be late to your mother's remembrance service,"