ᴇᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ- ᴋᴜɴɪɢᴀᴍɪ ʀᴇɴꜱᴜᴋᴇ ( ᴘᴏꜱᴛ ᴇʟɪᴍ )

DISCLAIMER- After Kunigami's elimination, he never stayed to be tested on, he was just sent home.

now playing..
fade into you- mazzy star

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||| 0:37

♪  I look to you, and I see nothing
I look to you to see the truth  ♪

⋆。‧˚ʚ♡ɞ˚‧。⋆

summary: in which, your childhood best friend comes back from a football training camp!!
but something's off..

⋆。‧˚ʚ♡ɞ˚‧。⋆

Joy fell in hurdles out of your pores, your being glowing in ecstasy. A few weeks had slipped into the past since Kunigami had left for a football camp, and you hadn't had a chance to properly speak to him - nor see him for that matter.

It was all part of the training process apparently, that they should have little contact with the outside world. The entire project seemed a little off to you, especially the part about never being able to play football professionally after being eliminated - but he was happy, that's all that mattered.

You and Kunigami had been close ever since children, the two of you meeting in nursery.
You immediately felt a connection to the boy, his pure and innocent nature being undeniably magnetic. You thought as he grew older, that he would also grow out of his gentle personality. That eventually, he'd grow to be like other teenage boys, but he never did - you would always love and admire him for that.

You begun to make your way to the train station, a bounce in your step as you practically skipped the whole way. A bouquet of welcome home chrysanthemums sat snug against your chest as you waited patiently at his station - rolling back and forth on your heels.

You had already prepared a welcome back night, a stack of your favourite childhood movies lay on your bed with a bundle of his favourite snacks, all ready and cozy in the array of fluffy blankets you had scattered about your bed for a night of reconnecting.

Your head perked up from your phone, your
gaze zeroing in on the train pulling up. Your eyes wandered about the mass of people, frantically searching for your best friend.

Eyes locking onto your taller other-half, you practically squealed, you didn't care about how others looked at you - there weren't any other thoughts roaming around your mind except seeing Kunigami again.

Running up to him, you flung your arms carelessly around him - a rejoiced beam shattering your prior nervous mask. When you didn't feel the comfort of Kunigami's arms around you, you leaned back. Taking in his appearance for the first time in what felt like for ever, anxiety tipped your scale of emotions.