ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ- ʙᴀᴄʜɪʀᴀ ᴍᴇɢᴜʀᴜ

now playing

now playing..
Promise- by laufey

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||| 0:05

♪ I've done the math, there's no solution ♪

⋆。‧˚ʚ♡ɞ˚‧。⋆

summary: in which, a girl cursed with early dementia and a boy with an eccentric heart make the best out of their predicament.

⋆。‧˚ʚ♡ɞ˚‧。⋆

You were diagnosed with early onset dementia a year ago. Most would be upset - mourn the wicked web of fate they became entangled in - but strangely you weren't. You didn't want to forget - no one did - but you decided after walking out of the hospital appointment that altered the course of your life, to live to your fullest.

At the appointment, your family cried, they had already began mourning the loss of their daughter. That hurt. It felt they had no hope, that to them, you and your memories were already dead. You realised, at that moment, that maybe your disease would hurt the others around you more than yourself, since at some point, you won't be able to remember the pain.

After the appointment a year ago, you found yourself on a carved, oak bench that had a beautiful outlook on the city. It was a pretty, open park surrounded by blooming, pale-pink blossom trees, and the joy radiating of children.

You wanted to remember this view. So for as long as you could, you'd cherish the outlook the bench gave you to the bustling city - the cars that packed the main road in front of the park and the roar of rambunctious joy that spilled from people's lips.

It had been your bench ever since that day, you came here almost everyday. Today, bullets of rain pelted from the murky clouds and bounced off the ground.

The sound always put you at ease. You hadn't a coat or umbrella today, but that didn't mean you'd go home. No, it just meant you'd bask in the bliss the rain offered you. After some time, the cloudburst began to wither, only faint droplets continued free-falling from the sky.

The sky became a powder blue, and the sun emptied its rays on the world when the barrier of cotton clouds dissipated. With the suns newfound company, a rainbow had assembled in the sky, it was then you noticed the boy walking towards you too.

"Pretty, right? It always a surreal sight when the sun beams after a downpour"  He smiled, the click of his camera sounding as he checked the quality of the photo that appeared from the top of it.

You weren't sure if he was talking to himself, or you. "Look! Look, it's so much better in a picture!"  An innocent look swirled in his amber eyes as he stuck the photo out to you. He was right, it's beautiful like this.