chapter 18 - The Monster at the End of this Book

Outfits in the external link

THEN

From 4.09 "I Know What You Did Last Summer", in TJz, Dean looked away emotionally, trying to stay completely numb and not showing weakness.

Ness placed a hand on either of his cheeks, meeting his gaze. "It's killing you, Dean. So, please, stay alive. Keep fighting."

Dean took the words to heart, thoughtfully, numb, letting a single tear fall.

 From 4.10 'Heaven and Hell", in the barn, on the barn's balcony, Dean and Ness were sitting on the balcony, letting their legs swing, leaning forward against the beam in front of them.

"Dean, you and Sam pushing so hard isn't gonna help anything," Ness told him. "Just let her come to you."

Dean scoffed. "Yeah. Right. Okay."

Ness smirked. "She will. When the time's right, she'll open up."

"And how do you know that?" Dean asked.

Ness looked at Dean. "You did."

There were flashes of Dean and Ness having sex.

From 4.16 "On the Head of a Pin", in the motel room, Sam, Dean and Ruby were speaking.

"She's terrified of Alastair," Sam told her. "And he's going to play on that fear. He did something to her downstairs, Ruby. Something worse than just the torture that she told us about. He's gonna use that fear to destroy her."

Ruby looked at them curiously. "You really have no idea what he really did to her down there, do you?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Dean asked.

From 4.16 "On the Head of a Pin", in the prison room, Alastair pushed Catty on her back to the floor, straddling her to the floor, pinning her wrists to the floor with magic. Catty struggled to no avail, gasping in pain, having trouble breathing. Alastair smirked at the attempt, pushing a strand of her hair out of her face. Catty couldn't look at him, turning her head away, trying to keep her breathing under control.

Ruby: (voice over from 4.16 On the Head of a Pin) "If torturing souls in Hell is possible, don't you think rape would be, too? Every day for more than 30 years, sometimes more than once. It didn't happen to her body. It happened to every part of her on the inside. Which makes it about a million times worse."

From 4.16 "On the Head of a Pin", in Catty's hospital room, Sam sat at Catty's bedside. "We know the truth now. Complete truth. And now we know that you've been handling all of this pretty freaking well, considering..." Catty lowered her gaze. "But it's gonna be okay now."

Sam seemed to be trying to convince himself. Catty didn't seem convinced. Dean looked down, not seeming convinced.

NOW

§

Day One

Morning - House

A man was sprawled on a couch, sleeping with papers clutched to his chest. The coffee table was littered with unfinished food and drinks. The man was having an intense dream, having flashes of Sam, Dean, Catty, the Impala, and then himself.

§  

Book Shore