Cliff-side Walkway

The Alfronda Cavern has three entrances.

One to Alfronda itself.

One to a road leading north, towards Cortondo and the Windmill Hills.

And One leading to a scenic walkway overlooking the western edge of the South Sea.

For our trip to Cascarrafa, I chose to take the scenic route by the cliffs.

"Salandit Sal!" Fanny slapped my back with her tail as she pointed a clawed finger at a Crane-looking Pokemon in the distance. A Bombirdier.

"Yep, Better stay away from that one," I scratched her on the back of the neck, feeling the Salandit purr into my touch before I turned around to check on Dendra.

"Yosh! Let's Go to the beach!" Dendra pumped her fist in the air, her enthusiasm almost infecting me.

Almost.

"No can do Dendra, We need to reach the Pokemon Center at the Cortondo Crossroads before sundown so can still have time to make camp and eat dinner," I told the Fighting-Type specialist.

"Awww," She slumped over for a moment before jumping back up to full height, "Yosh! So next time we get time off, We'll go to the beach!"

"Maybe not next time," I smiled at her, "How about when the Academy is on summer break and Trainers stop coming to challenge the gym," Also, I don't have a swimsuit.

"Yosh! Already planning a date for the future? Wow, I really got this whole Girlfriend thing down spat!" Dendra smiled brightly, her fists on her hips as she struck a confident pose.

I didn't have the heart to tell her that it's "Down Pat" and not "Down Spat"

.....................

Making our way down the cliff-side road wasn't as stressful as I first imagined.

There were handrails to stop tourists from falling, there were small balconies with binoculars and benches for people to stop at, and there were even signs giving some fun facts about the local Pokemon population.

Did you know that the lack of their usual prey caused the local Gumshoos population to adapt to eating Water-type Pokemon? There's apparently a rivalry going on with the local Gumshoos and Floatzel populations that has been ongoing for a few decades by now.

"Dishon, I'm hungry!" Dendra groaned as she lay on a nearby bench while I read the sign on the local Gumshoos.

"We can stop for lunch If you want," I told her, hearing Dendra give a groan of acceptance as she rolled off the bench, landed in a push-up position, and jumped back up to her feet with a quick burpee.

"What food did you make?" She leaned on me, her chin resting on my shoulder as her eyes bore into mine.

"I made some sandwiches, a leaf and vegetable salad, and some cooked vegetables," I told her as I pushed her chin off my shoulder and took off my new Silph-Co Travel bag.

"That's all?" She asked as she walked around me and placed her chin on my other shoulder.

"Yep, I made sure to make enough food for us to last five days," Thanks to space-bending technology, Silph-Co bags can store a shipping container's worth of items and keep them in good condition thanks to technology that I really don't understand.

I understand software engineering, not physics-defying technology. But it's enough to say that our food will not go bad.

Taking out the Pokemon food first, Dendra released her team so they could start eating and stretch their legs.