Let's get this bread!

The Flying Taxi isn't what I imagined it to be.

In a world where teleportation technology exists in villain bases, weapons of mass destruction can be built to use Legendary Pokemon as batteries.

I expected something more.
Maybe a taxi with wings was too much, but a small plane that's easy to fly would have been enough.

"This is just a box carried by birds," I say as I look at the flying taxi, Imagine a helicopter, but now remove the propeller and tail, leaving only the hull and landing gear, and attached to the roof are a bunch of Squawkabilly.

"I'll have you now, this Taxi has been in service for twenty years and it's not close to breaking down!" The pilot, a middle-aged man wearing pilot's gear and a hard-hat helmet said.

Those words don't fill me with a lot of confidence.

"You two kids will be taking this Taxi to Cortondo, I'll be meeting you there later," Lorenz said before giving me and Dendra a list of items. "You'll be buying whatever you can find on this list. Use this card," He gave Dendra a credit card, "It's connected to the Gym's banking system and has ten-thousand Pokedollars, If you manage to buy everything and still have money saved in it, you can buy yourselves something," Lorenz turned to walk away before looking Dendra in the eye.

"Don't lose it," and walked away.

Leaving Dendra and me alone to fly on this deathtrap of a taxi to Cortondo and buy- I Look at the list for a moment -Chocolate cupcakes, Blueberry muffins, and other sorts of baked goods.

I feel a strong slap on the back which almost pushes me to the floor, I turn to look at Dendra beaming at me.

"You heard him Dishon!" She said loudly, grabbing my shoulder and pulling me to the Flying Taxi.

"If we work fast, we can buy ourselves some food! Maybe you'll find a Pokemon you'd like to catch as well so we could buy you some Pokeballs, Oh! Maybe The New Gym leader lady has her store open, I heard she's a Baker or something that makes cakes." Dendra continued to ramble on about the new Gym Leader Katy as the Squawkabilly on the roof started to flap their wings and lifted the flying taxi from the ground.

......

I will tell you now, I am not scared of flying.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather not get on a plane if I had the option, but I'm not scared of planes either.

I'm instead scared of heights.
Being on the roof of a building without a railway, being at the top of a cliff, or even being in a hot air balloon.

I am scared of heights.

So I can say for certain, That once I get back to Alfronda, I'm getting my drivers license, Just so I won't be forced to use these stupid flying taxis ever again!

"Yosh, Dishon, Take a deep breath and let it out slowly," Dendra told me as she dragged me to a bench and sat me down near the small helipad for the taxi.

She rubbed my back as I took deep breaths, trying to stop myself from collapsing onto the floor and shaking.

It was SO terrifying! Who designed these death traps?!

"That's it, That's it," And why is Dendra so good at this?

After five minutes, my breathing smoothed out and I calmed down.

God, I hate heights.

"Yosh! Everything better?" She asked, a toothy smile on her face as she rubbed my back. I nodded to confirm that I wasn't going to throw up anytime soon, and then a sound popped from my belt, and Fanny climbed back onto her favorite spot.

"hey girl," I smiled down at my Salandit as I scratched her beneath the bandana, "Sorry for putting you back in your ball, But it was safer in there,"

Instead of responding with a syllable from her name, she started slapping my back repeatedly with her tail.

And that was fine, I'm already used to Fanny acting like a spoiled Poison-type, so I smiled through the abuse.

"That's so cute!" Dendra exclaimed as she looked at Fanny and I's interaction, She leaned her head closer to Fanny, a wide smile on her face, only to start coughing when the Salandit huffed a cloud of smoke into her face.

"Maybe we should start our work?" I asked Dendra, taking the list of stuff from my pocket and reading it over once more.

"What does it say?" She asked, taking her spot next to me on the bench.

"Three loaves of Sourdough bread," I read out loud, getting a resolute nod from Dendra, before she once again grabbed me by the shoulder and started running into the city, forcing me to run and catch up with her or have my arm ripped off by the Fit Trainer.

........

Patisserie Soapberry was the place we were told to collect and pay for the orders on the list.

The job seemed simple enough, Go in, talk with the owner, show the list and card, and then the order will come tomorrow, easy right?

WRONG!

The place was closed, and with it being the selling point of the city, outside of the Bug Gym of course, meant that the number of rival bakeries could be counted on no fingers.

Because there were none.

"Welp, This isn't good," Dendra said nonchalantly as she looked at the "CLOSED" sign on the door.

"You can say that again," I muttered as I looked past the sign on the door and at my reflection in the glass.

"Again? Welp, This isn't good," God dammit Dendra, You're the best.

"Salandit Sal?" Fanny asked, and I shook my head.

"Sorry girl, With this place closed, we're pretty much stuck doing nothing." I tell my White Salandit, "Better call the boss and tell him what's going on?"

"What's going on where?" A voice suddenly asked, stopping me from reaching for my phone.

We all turn to look at the new voice, seeing in front of us a young woman, most likely in her mid-to-late twenties, with light mint-green hair tied in a sideways bun.

Dendra and I both stare at the new addition to the conversation in confusion, before the woman blinks in realization and starts waving her hands around in a panic.

"Oh, Uh I didn't mean to listen in, It's just that the two of you were standing there and looking so despondent so I wanted to check what was going on, I'm not a sneak! I promise!" The woman cried and I started to feel bad for her.

Dendra blinks slowly before turning to look at me, and then turned back to the woman, A smile on her face, "No problem!" She yelled, her fists resting on her hips, "We were just bummed out that the Bakery was closed,"

I nodded and explained further, "Yeah, You see, Our boss had an order for the place he asked us to get confirmation on, but we can't do that with the place closed."

The woman stopped panicking and nodded her head in understanding, a hand holding her chin as she closed her eyes and hummed.

"Then it's a good thing I arrived when I did," The woman said before opening her eyes and looking at the both of us, "Because I'm the owner of this bakery!" The woman yelled, a small "Teddiursa" Joining her with a cheer.

Dendra and I blinked slowly once again, before Dendra smiled and pumped a fist in the air.

"Yosh! Let's get this bread!"