First Capture

"I don't know what I've been told" I sing as I continue walking west, getting a response of different sounds from the forest around me. I can hear buzzing, skittering, and even a few bird noises.

"A frog man's money is good as gold" Bzz bzz bzz chirp chirp bzz bzz.

"Sound off!"

Bzz Bzz

"Sound off!"

Chirp Chirp

"Sound off!"

Bzz Bzz Chirp Bzz Bzz Chirp Chirp!

"Yeah, You guys got it!" I call out as I finish my marching song, getting a few more noises in return.

So far no pokemon made itself visible to me other than a few small insects which I decided to ignore.

I saw a small red and white bird fly by not too long ago, so I know that there are flying types in the area, but not which kind.

After another hour of walking through the forest, I reach a cliff facing the ocean.

"Well, This isn't good," I say in response to the fact that I just walked for more than an hour only to reach a dead end.

Wait a moment!

"Is that?" I say to myself as I spot a sign with directions.

With a joyful jump in my steps, I walk closer in order to read the sign.
It has two arrows pointing in two different Directions.

One arrow is pointing toward a cave, the other is toward a dirt path.

"Alfronda /Alfronda Cavern - 5 kilometers, or Cortondo - 11 Kilometers," I read what was written on the sign.

"If I go through this cave, I should reach is Alfroda place, or I could take a long walk towards this Cortondo place, The answer here seems pretty easy," I say as I stretch my shoulders and walk towards the cave entrance.

--------------------

Alfronda Cavern, The place that connect the town of Alfronda with the rest of Paldea through the cliff-sides of the region.

Titled as one of the most gorgeous view in the region, Alfronda has become a tourist city, famed for the ocean-view cliffs and breathtaking caves around it.

Not only is Alfronda a popular tourist attraction, It is also the location of Paldea's Psychic type gym, run by the eccentric Gym Leader Lorenz, The Town receives a large number of trainers passing through it each year.

None of that information is relevant to the situation I find myself in right now.

Standing in front of a rope bridge over a deep dark chasm inside Alfronda Cavern. Fifty meters of rope, hanging above a chasm so deep you can't see its bottom.

"Yeah, Maybe I should turn back, Cortondo sounds like a good place to visit right about now." I chuckle nervously as I slowly take a step forward, placing my right foot on a wooden plank.

"Hey, This isn't so bad" I say when the bridge doesn't move, slowly but surely I place my left foot on to the bridge, my knuckles turning white from how strong I'm holding on to the rope.

"Just a few more steps, not so bad, right?" "Sal!"

I stop, not expecting to get a reaction to talking to myself, the echo in this cave isn't that strong, after all. I look in the direction of the voice, my foot.

"Sal? Sala!" A white lizard with a black head voices as it's small claws grab on to my pants.

That pokemon is one that I recognize, and one that almost makes my blood freeze.

A Salandit, a Fire/Poison type pokemon introduced in Sun and Moon, I personally never used one, but I know that they're not supposed to be white.

"Didn't I say that I'll only be capturing shinies? Is this like a sign or something?" I ask no one as I look at the Shiny Salandit holding on to my pants leg. "Salandit Sal!" It says as it stats to climb my pants, clawing into the fibers of my clothes, leaving small holes on them.

"Hey! Wait wait wait!" I yell as the small lizard starts climbing up my shirt, I try and grab the pokemon but it slithers and crawls around my torso so it's holding on to my lower back.

I give up on trying to catch the Lizard with my hands so I quickly take out the only Pokeball I have from my pocket.

"That's right, easy does it" I whisper to myself more than anything, as I enlarge the ball and slowly pull my hand towards where the Salandit is holding on.

"Sala?" I hear before my hand stops as the ball I'm holding bumps into something, a click sounds and my back is suddenly five kilo's lighter.

I pull my hand back, the ball now wriggling in my grasp as the Salandit tries to leave the ball.

One shake, a second shake, and a ding. The ball once more shrinks as it stops shaking!

SALANDIT HAS BEEN CAUGHT!

"Yes! A Shiny starter! Lets go! Who's the man? I'm th-" I get interrupted once more, now because of the rope bridge shaking and moving from the little fiasco that left small needle sized holes in my shirt.

I should probably start moving...

-----------------------------

After an hour of following the lamps lighting up the cave, I finally reach its exit.

Alfronda, My first town here, and hopefully my new base of operations until I get the money to start actually moving around.

I see the town in the distance, tall buildings, people walking the streets together with their pokemon. Such a picturesque view after almost falling off a rope bridge.

Now all I need is to buy a room at a hotel and- Wait a moment...

Buy a room?

I put my hands into my pockets once more, hoping to find out that whichever Random Omnipotent Being that placed me in this world also gave me enough money to actually buy a room for a night.

And I come out empty of anything, anything other than my Trainer ID and a Pokeball holding a shiny Salandit...

Great...