Red Stains - Part 5

Start from the beginning

I look through the folder some more. Is there a uniform? I pull out a small yellow slip tilted “uniform,” aha. There’s a blazer which will be delivered to me soon apparently, shoes have to be black and appropriate for the selected classes we have, there’s also a school skirt which comes in a few different colours which apparently are also getting delivered, any kind of black tights and black or white school shirt – also being delivered.  We can wear whatever accessories and edit our uniform slightly at our choice. Awesome, it’s like we have a uniform but we get free choice on it.

A knock on my door makes me drop the small sheet automatically and my head snaps up in the direction. Could it be James? No he isn’t coming till tomorrow. I get to my feet slowly and walk over to the door pulling it open to find the same woman from the office earlier standing there with a bulky package in her arms. “This is your uniform dear.” She tells me with a warm smile.

“Oh, thanks.” I tell her while relieving the package from her arms. She looks automatically relieved, it is a bit heavy.

“You’re welcome, well good luck for tomorrow.” She tells me sweetly.

“Thanks, bye.”

I watch as she walks away her brown hair swinging slightly before closing the door and bringing the package inside my room. I chuck it onto my bed then pull of the old string tied around it before ripping open the brown packaging. Inside is my school uniform. I pull out three skirts; one navy blue, one white and one black all the same, putting them aside I pull out four shirts, two black and two white. Finally I pull out two identical black blazers with the school crest on the pockets. I walk to my wardrobe putting the uniform away on the hangers that i haven’t used at all yet. I’ll sort out how I’m wearing it in the morning.

Looking at my clock I’m a little shocked, is it really nine o’clock already? I didn’t have dinner. Oh well, I’m not hungry anyway and I’m not in the mood for another interaction with the other students tonight, far from it. A yawn escapes my lips and I find my eyes fluttering closed. Wow, I’m more tired than I thought. I take my necklace off and put it on bed side table but that’s the extent of my effort. I pull the covers down and clamber in settling my alarm quickly before letting my eyes fall shut.

~James~

The protectiveness now shining in my friend’s eyes makes me feel automatically relaxed, Heather will be looked after not only by me now, but by them as well.  Walking with Heather back to her dorm the run in with what must have been the majority of the school’s senior male students flashes through my mind. They are all way to curious about her for my liking.  If they all knew what was good for them, they’d back off and leave her alone but of course it’s in our nature to be curious, all knowing and all that crap.

Reaching the hallway that leads to the dorms Heather lets out a sigh before walking down to her room. I hope she’s okay, that last time really drained her, more than usual. A gut wrenching feeling swells through me as I recall almost not being able to bring her back, she was so deep in I thought I would lose her. I watch her carefully as she takes out her key, unlocking the door, then walks inside. Alex, Seamus and I stand in the doorway watching as she puts away her heels before she looks back at us all reassuringly. “Make yourselves at home; I’m going to unpack a few things.” She tells us before turning back to the suitcase.

“I thought all rooms here were doubles?” Alex questions curiously.  There’s a reason for that.

She shrugs, “How would I know?”

Well at least she doesn’t really care. I follow her invitation walking over to her bed before sprawling myself out on it. It’s been a long day.